Itasca / boots don't hold up

Bought these Itasca boots, last season for hunting- Great boots, but they dont seem to hold up- I only used them for hunting-after season I put them up till this year!

First week and I noticed a rip in the right one-- when I stepped into the first creek-when i got home, I saw two more little cracks that leak also- Ive tried to contact company and cant find them-- I dont think if buy new boots, they should only last 3 weeks!

Am I wrong? I just wanted to know if they would do anything for me!

Pa

Comments

• Th
      7th of Jan, 2009

I have a pair of their boots that haven't been worn more than 8 times and the leather where the laces attach just ripped. I can't find a receipt but I think I bought them at Sportmans Warehouse last year. A google search finds no manufacturer web site. This bums me out.

8th of Jan, 2009

I purchased a pair of Itasca boots 2 months ago for hunting season, wore them during shotgun season, some of bow season and have cracks in the boots. They look like they are dry rotted. I am so disappointed, because for once I had found a pair of boots that kept my feet warm and felt good. Dunhams will not take the boots back because of their 30 day warranty, and I was told to go to the Itasca website and there is nothing found and no where to turn to get this issue taken care of.
    Not a good way to run a buisness.

• Sc
      30th of Jan, 2009

itsasca boots are made by c. o. lynch enterprises. they are sold thru columbia sportsware. there is no website but i found a contact number 651 633 8800

• Ri
      15th of Feb, 2009

I've been looking for the website also. I posted a complaint on the website for the store I purchased them from. "Gander Mtn. I bought these at the end of Bow Season and they started cracking the end of November. So I would say about 6 weeks. I thought they were great 1600 gram very warm even it sub zero temps in a treestand. Now there junk cracked all around base where they flex at the foot. I am very displeased they should hold up a season or two for that money. They were not worn in an all day every day situation either. Evening hunts mostly sitting not walking not more than 20 times for a couple of hours each. Very poor durability...the company should issue a recall judging from the other comments on this site and the many on Gander and others. I will try the contact number listed above thanks scott

• Bi
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I'm a repeat Itasca buyer. You see, I bought a pair of them very cheap when our local Central Tractor was going out of business. I wore the commando style boots for 3 winters before the leather began to crack. May have gotten longer out of them if I had ever protected or treated them but I'm the lazy sort. Oh, and I live near Buffalo, NY so winter is WINTER! Anyways, when they wore out I sought out Itasca since my 1st pair was so great. I found a pair I liked, the "trail guide" model. I guess one might call it the "duck" style boot, leather up top with alot of rubber over the toe and on the sides. These boots didn't last 1 winter. The sewing that attaches the rubber to the leather tore out the rubber leaving large holes in the sides allowing water, slush, and snow right in. I meant to complain to the company but never got around to it. I replaced them with a different brand though, and doubt i'll go back to Itasca again.

• Lu
      18th of Apr, 2009

I got a pair for my 8 yr old son last week for a weekend in the snow... they're called "Snow Stompers" by Itasca. They were always getting wet inside. I cannot believe I paid $30 for snow boots that don't keep his feet anymore warm or dry. What a rip off! I really expected better quality. The insole underneath the removable sock type insert (which was always getting wet) is made of thick paper ish type of stuff. How ridiculous is that?

Well... I would never buy the Itasca brand ever again, esp. not for repelling water and cold!!!

• Lu
      18th of Apr, 2009

Oh, and I also cannot find a website that claims to make these or take responsibility for them. Is there a parent company we don't know about. But I'd love to complain to the actual manufacterer.

• Tj
      27th of Apr, 2009

Same old story here. Bought my wife a pair of Itasca 1400 gram rubber boots for hunting and quading. Bought them in December 2008 and they have cracked and look dry rotted as of 4-25-09. What a crock of #@$%. Will never buy Itasca again and will tell everyone I know not to as well. Poor quality and a poor company that doesn't even have a website with contact info. They probably can't keep up with all the complaints!!!

• Ka
      12th of May, 2009

haaa this is crazy, never in my life have i had so much trouble, with wa pair of boots bought a pair in archery season last year.in order to get to my stand i had alot of water to walk through.so i bought them and thought wow these are great.three days later i had to take them back.they said they never had any problems with these boots.
    they gave me another pair.
    now i just went out this morning for spring turkey and my whole day was ruined because these ones leaked to. im furious! same thing as you guys i thought a ripped them on jaggers or something, till i really looked at them and seen they were dry rotted.i thought if i bought a pair of more expensive boots, it would pay off. i take alot of pride in my hunting and alot of time.this ruined my hunt.i had to leave early cuz my feet were soaked!

thanks though i called that number and they said to take them back were i purchased them and the warranty covers a year.
    thats great in all but .where does that get me. thell just rip again, and again, and again.. so basically this is what happens when we sell out to china! we get junk

• Ha
      28th of May, 2009

i found an email address and a phone number both- http://www.itascacol.com/users/register_new.asp - it is at the very bottom of the page, don't worry about any of the other junk.

on the other hand i have had my swampwalker 2's for a year now, through snow, water, mud, everything and they are fine.

• Ke
      19th of Aug, 2009

Oh man, I wish I had looked at this website before I bought my dad some boots for christmas!! I bought them in december of 2008, It's now August of 2009 and the boots are not even fit to put on!!! I spent $50 on them. I mean I could understand if he wore them everyday doing alot of extreme stuff. The soles are compeltely unglued from the bottom. The leather is cracked. Its HORRIBLE. My advise is to NEVER EVER buy another thing from this company!!!

• Al
      22nd of Nov, 2009

I have a pair of the itasca rubger boots with the 10oo gram insulation. Most comfortable boots i ever warn, and definately warm. problem ever place that bends or moves, seems to break down. ever contact point is cracking. I've tried using shoe goo to help, but my boots ar starting to have more shoe goo than shoe.

• Lc
      26th of Nov, 2009

I am a Law Enforcement officer who bought a pair of Itasca commando side-zip boots to wear on duty, I wore these boots for 2 weeks and the side zipper broke, and one of the treads has broke away from the bottom of the boot...Just wondering if the manufacturer would do something to make it right? I have found another boot maker that has the same style boots for the same price and they seem to be a whole lot better, they are made by RESPONSE GEAR!

• Pi
      13th of Dec, 2009

You would think that spending a $100+ on boots would get you boots that last longer than one hunting season. I got a pair of Itasca 1600 rubber boats and just noticed after wearing them for maybe the 10th time that they are cracking around the ankles. Definitely not a quality product. I had a pair of browning rubber boats last and they lasted for 7 or 8 years of wearing them for spring and fall hunting. I guess paying a little bit more for a reputable brand name is worth it. Don't learn the hard way. Don't buy Itasca!!!

• Sn
      18th of Dec, 2009

I bought a pair of their boots about 6 yrs ago. They are just now starting to show wear. I live in nw lower Michigan in the snowbelt. I hope to find another pair like them, I really like them, comfortable too.

30th of Dec, 2009

I bought a pair of itascas 1200 for hunting, I used them a season a half dozen times and when I took them out the second season noticed a small tear in the outer rubber. Patched them because I couldn't contact the manufacturer and after one more use they ripped worse in A DIFFERENT SPOT. It seems as though the outer rubber was not bonded to the inside material. A friend went through a few pairs before he got a pair to last more than 1 season. Very poor quality and no customer service with Itasca boots. I would never recommend them. They were a nice boot but they are basically one or two time use throw away boots.

• So
      9th of Jan, 2010

My Five year old got a pair for christmas. To weeks later the zipper broke. I want to contact the company but can't seem to find them anywhere. TOO WEIRD!!!

15th of Jan, 2010

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF ITASCA HUNTING BOOTS IN SEPTEMBER 2009 AFTER A FEW WEARINGS THEY DEVELOPED CRACKS AND LEAKS .I BOUGHT THEM AT CANADIAN TIRE AND THEY TOLD ME THEY CANNOT REFUND MY MONEY BUT THEY WOULD GIVE ME A PAIR OF REPLACMENT BOOTS BUT THEY WONT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL MARCH SO WHAT DO I DO UNTIL THE NEW BOOTS ARRIVE
    STAN

15th of Jan, 2010

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE COMPANY WILL DO SOMETHING FOR ME

• It
      26th of Jan, 2010

I bought a pair of Camo rubber 1600 gram Thinsulate during Christmas 2008 at Dunhams Sporting Goods. I wore them only about 6 times for Goose hunting (total of maybe 20 hours) most of the time sitting in a boat.
    Took them out this year (November 2009) to wear deer hunting as they were extremely comfortable and surprisingly warm. I noticed my feet felt damp a couple times, figured it was sweat. Got a bunch of snow so I have been wearing them frequently besides hunting.
    Noticed the other day a crack on right boot where it lexes by my toes. Upon further inspoection, cracks on both boots same place, plus its cracked across both heels.

Total time worn approx. 50 hours in 12 months.
    No website either, but will use contact info above.

And to think I just ordered my wife a pair for this Christmas before I noticed mine were complete junk P.O.S. !!!

-Jason - Indiana USA