iTailor / Repeatedly making trousers the wrong size

1 Halesowen, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:

Ordered suit with two pairs of suit trousers. First set of trousers: too short by so much that they looked like they'd shrunk in the rain. Sent them back said please make them again, proved they hadn't made them to the measurements I'd provided (they hadn't) and they remade them. The shame of it was that the remade pairs of trousers were then the right length, but they'd for some reason decided to make the waistband about an inch shorter than it was before - my son could hardly fasten them (and he's pretty skinny). Emailed three times asking for an urgent reply - as of today, I'm still waiting. A suit jacket that fits is NO use without matching suit trousers (that also fit). So at the minute, unless this matter is resolved urgently, I'll have no choice but to go through PayPal and set up a complaint there and get my money back because they just won't reply to me.

I would also say to anyone ordering, make sure that you allow extra for whatever measurements you give them. They cut so absolutely to what you give them that everything you get will be SUPER tight. There is NO tolerance - normally I presume when a tailor takes measurements they are the framework for the length or circumference of each limb, but a tailor would also know that you need movement across the shoulders and so on. You get none of that with iTailor - you say 25" across the shoulders at the back you will get 25" (well, if they actually follow the measurements you've given then of course, twice now they haven't with my order) and there is NO room for the normal movements a person makes when they are in a suit. I do feel that they should either be giving better instructions on adding an inch here or an inch there on certain measurements to allow for give, or doing it themselves when they make the suit components. Not doing so is just poor tailoring because all clothing that is fitted and measured would also normally have the need for give incorporated. This step is completely missed out. If you do want to take the chance and order from them, I'd say at 1" to 2" to every measurement you give or you'll be finding some tight ### crotches and short suit sleeves with absolutely no room for movement.

The most annoying thing at the moment is that they've just completely ignored my two recent emails - that would not be an issue if it weren't for the fact that we have been on this suit issue since June. It's not for off September now. My son starts sixth form in a few weeks and we still don't have the required suit that he has to wear in order to attend! It's frankly ridiculous. And in order to accommodate the fact that they seem to decide on a whim whether to make the suit to the measurements provided or make them to the measurements that they think they'd like to use that day, each time I have to ask for another pair to be made, I have to keep adding on more inches in the desperate hope that their third pair will actually be made right to the right measurements, and will actually fit in time for my son to wear the suit for its intended purpose. I think nearly two months and having paid in full to have no fully working suit is completely unacceptable. I wouldn't even be on this site if iTailor had had the courtesy to reply to me but it's been 3 days now and I've not heard anything back from them. That represents another week to not getting what I've paid for. Seems like all the risk rests with the customer when it comes to iTailor.

Ha
Aug 12, 2015

More iTailor Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ha
      24th of Aug, 2015

I'm afraid that since my first post iTailor have done absolutely NOTHING to help me resolve the errors they have made. I can'/t urge people strongly enough, nay, beg you. Please. Do not spend your hard earned cash with iTailor. Even if they don't make your clothes to the measurements you provide, they will proceed to provide no customer service at all or work with you to resolve their error. You'll be left out of pocket regardless and without the suit, shirt, trousers, jacket or shoes that you ordered in good faith ffrom them.