Island Recreational / Fraudulent charges and unauthorized use of my credit card!

I have been a member of Island Recreation for twenty years and have always been telling others about the great deals for members. You are charged $100 for a membership per year and you receive $110 of "Credit Checks" to be used throwout the membership year. Your charge card is automatically charged each year at the renewal time for re-membership. This worked well until this year.On 4-07-06 I visited the store to buy a cover pump. I received $110 in checks and used $38.01 to purchase the pump. I received a receipt stating that $61.99 credit remained and my membership expired on 12-2006.
The following was not discovered until Jan of 2007 after I received a mail notice that Island Rec would no longer have a membership fee for customers beginning Jan 2007. I found to my horror that I was being charged to my visa account the following.
Membership fee charged to my Visa account on 9-28-06 again although my previous membership expired on 12-06.
Membership fee charged to my Visa account on 11-03-06.
Membership fee charged to my Visa account on 12-21-06.
It may be advantageous to check your credit card account for any fraudulent charges and unauthorized use of your credit card for membership fees to Island Recreational. I have to date found that two co-workers have also found numerous additional unauthorized charges to their credit card by Island Recreational. Currently the charges are in dispute through Visa and I am awaiting credit to my account.
Where their are three instances of abuse there are likely many more. I would scrutinize my credit card bills if I were you. It's ironic to find out just now that this web site is charging $5.00 to post this complaint. They accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards!

A  29th of Mar, 2009 by
I used to work for Island Recreational and the company billed people whenever they wanted mainly in the winter time to bring in money during the slow part of the season. They keep saying it was a computer error but billed people three times at once and than they wait forever to refund you back the money because they have it sitting in an account earning interest on your money. I have warned people don't shop there and if you have to use cash
N  18th of Mar, 2010 by
I Have dealt with Island recreation for about 20 years and although the massapeque store is understaffed and dont have knowledgable sales people I always get good buys from them> This week I went to the deep park store for a pool the ad stated they only had 1 left of my size for 18x33 pool for unbelievable price off $899 thats about 5 or 6 hundrew cheaper then that pool normally So I went there expecting the old sales scam saying we are out of those clearence pools but we do have the more expenve ones I was ready for a long arguement when I entered I spoke with Tom F. to my surprise he showed me 4 18x33 pools for $899 he told me what ones was the best buy got the pool but it wassnt $899 plus tax it was $829 plus tax I was so Happy with the professional and friendly way Tom treated me and my wife he couldnt have been more knowledgable andf nicer I thought I was going to leave there with pool spending about 2 grand but instead I left spending $1200 on pool, ladder, upgrade liner, 2 chair float(normally 89.99) I got them for 29.99, Steps to stqand on while vacuming, a top of the line pool alarm, and a vacum head. I am writing this cause people always write when they have a problem with store they very seldom write their good time and service they get Tom F.althought he was alone on the floor showed me a different side of island recreation they should have more like him. Also I had a little mix up with my pickup of poolo and Maxs, I think he is one of the managers, from deer park returned my call in about 1 hour and he was more then helpful in fixing my problem. Tahnk you Roy DeSetto