iRobot / Defective Product

Woodbridge, VA, United States Review updated:

Similar complaint to the previous. Customer Service is extremly lacking. CS is not worth it. They are selling a product that is not supposed to last you for very long. That is why they have all sorts of procedures to return it because they know that you will have to. Law of numbers applies here. Most people will buy it and forget it once it breaks ...and it will break. They are quick to sell you a replacement one if you are "out of warranty" at a "reduced price" Spend the money somewhere else and get up and push the vaccuum. Think of it as excercise.

Is

Comments

• Ca
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    iRobot - Poor quality/customer service
    Georgia
    Phone: 678-461-1952

I've had the roomba & scooba for 2 years, what a waste of time & money. The scooba is completely inefficient, sits in a closet 24/7 now. The roomba was great when it worked, a little time consuming to clean it out, but still a nice toy. However, the battery has continued to fail after less than 50 charges, the dimwit customer service people are so ssssllloooww it makes you scream, and end up not helpful anyway. Long story short, the batteries are defective, been through 2 of them, now my warrenty is over and I am expected to buy another one. Don't think so, it's a rip-off.

• Re
      29th of May, 2010

I thought that I was the only one!!! I'm constantly purchasing replacement . I've even had an iroomba that blew up and damaged my floor. Thank heavens we were home at the time. I'm on my final roomba just waiting for customer service to sell me another one. Do these guys even earn a commission? These vacuumns deliberately built to last one year and the company knows it.