iRobot Corporation / They sell you one thing then say you need another

Our IRobot stopped working correctly. So we call them up, and they say we need a new unit that the charger we have wont work with another unit.

So we buy another one, and only get half the product. We have to call and wait for the next half to come.

We finally try it and the same problem happens. We call again, and are told now we have to buy a new battery. That’s what was wrong with the first one.

Then they say we have to pay shipping again. Plus, they're only good for 2 years. I feel they should tell you that in the first place. These are not cheap items.

Va

Comments

• Va
      9th of Jan, 2007
    iRobot Corporation - No way to reach the company!

I purchased the Roomba Discovery by irobot about 11 months ago. For some unknown reason the product has stopped functioning - does not pick up dirt and jumps all over the place. I've tried to reach irobot Customer Service for over two weeks now. I have spent countless hours on hold waiting for the next available rep. I have sent emails through their customer service web site, even threatening a complaint with the Attorney General. As of today no one has responded to my emails. I've tried selecting the prompt that allows me to order a new product and have been put on hold and then subsequently disconnected. As I'm writing this complaint I have been on hold for 45 minutes.

• Pe
      22nd of Jan, 2007

I too have an irobot that doesn't work. I've been trying to contact tech support for a fix. The web site states the problem I'm having, (spins in a circle and then stops). They speak of bios fixes and other things, but none that apply to my unit. They now tell me that there is no repair for the irobots and I can buy a new one, at a small discount, from them. In essence they are telling me to throw it away and buy a new one. It cost me nearly $300.00 when I bought it and now they are telling me to throw it away. I will never recommend an irobot or any of their products to even my worst enemy.