iRobot / Horrible customer service

I have never been treated so poorly and I still don't have a working Roomba. I received my Roomba without a battery. After speaking with customer "no-service", I was told I would be shipped a battery within a week. I paid for expedited delivery and demanded a credit for the expedited shipping charge and overnight shipment of the batter. After sitting on hold for 5 minutes, I finally got the credit, but was refused overnight delivery of the battery. When I was transferred to a "supervisor" who refused to give her name, I was told very rudely that I would get the battery within 2 days and that's all she would do.

Not 2 minutes later I received an email stating that I couldn't receive the battery because there were non available. "Thanks!" Thanks??? Are you kidding me? After being passed around from agent to agent who didn't understand why there was a problem (News Flash Agents - Roomba doesn't work without a battery!) I finally spoke with an equally rude Supervisor who finally gave his name "Josh ID # 79013). Now they say they'll ship a new Roomba and I have to return the old one and sit at home and wait on the UPS guy to come pick it up OR drive to a UPS location and drop it off.

Really?! Really?! iRobot is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have never been spoken to so rudely by customer service in my life.

DO NOT BY FROM IROBOT! THEY ARE TERRIBLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Comments

• Ly
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I have TWO dead iRobot vacuums.

A 530 series (9 months old) and a brand new dirt dog-also dead.

The 530 series sweeps only, will not vacuum. I imagaine the plastic gear housing has become mishapen, like the other models.
    I asked this morning about replacing the vacuuming module and the service agent hung up on me.

The dirt dog has never worked. They told me I would have to wait 3-4 weeks for a new battery shipment. I told them to send another. Got the runaround. They said they sent a return ticket, etc...

Still waiting for something. I have talked with at least six agents and all have been poorly trained/rude except one (Frank, you restored my faith in humanity at the company).

When roomba works, it works well. But the price is high for a nine-month vacuum.

• Ph
      4th of Nov, 2018

Bought a top of the line iRobot 980. For various reasons didn't open it for three months. When I did, it was actually a USED model and dead. Nothing would make it work. Error 6.

Called Roomba. They said that it wasn't under warranty because the serial number says it is three years old. THEY sold me the brick!!!

Can't get ANYWHERE with them. I hope they go out of business.

Now, I spent $1, 000 on this useless piece of crap and have no recourse.

I hope people read this and take heed!