iRobot / Horrible customer service

I have never been treated so poorly and I still don't have a working Roomba. I received my Roomba without a battery. After speaking with customer "no-service", I was told I would be shipped a battery within a week. I paid for expedited delivery and demanded a credit for the expedited shipping charge and overnight shipment of the batter. After sitting on hold for 5 minutes, I finally got the credit, but was refused overnight delivery of the battery. When I was transferred to a "supervisor" who refused to give her name, I was told very rudely that I would get the battery within 2 days and that's all she would do.

Not 2 minutes later I received an email stating that I couldn't receive the battery because there were non available. "Thanks!" Thanks??? Are you kidding me? After being passed around from agent to agent who didn't understand why there was a problem (News Flash Agents - Roomba doesn't work without a battery!) I finally spoke with an equally rude Supervisor who finally gave his name "Josh ID # 79013). Now they say they'll ship a new Roomba and I have to return the old one and sit at home and wait on the UPS guy to come pick it up OR drive to a UPS location and drop it off.

Really?! Really?! iRobot is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have never been spoken to so rudely by customer service in my life.

DO NOT BY FROM IROBOT! THEY ARE TERRIBLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Comments

• Ly
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I have TWO dead iRobot vacuums.

A 530 series (9 months old) and a brand new dirt dog-also dead.

The 530 series sweeps only, will not vacuum. I imagaine the plastic gear housing has become mishapen, like the other models.
    I asked this morning about replacing the vacuuming module and the service agent hung up on me.

The dirt dog has never worked. They told me I would have to wait 3-4 weeks for a new battery shipment. I told them to send another. Got the runaround. They said they sent a return ticket, etc...

Still waiting for something. I have talked with at least six agents and all have been poorly trained/rude except one (Frank, you restored my faith in humanity at the company).

When roomba works, it works well. But the price is high for a nine-month vacuum.