iPage

Posted:

1.2 billion people can't access your site!

Ipage
China
Ipage are a bunch of lying cheating ###s.

I was looking to set up a site for our bar in China and Ipage seemed to be the internet's choice. Before signing up, I contacted Ipage and asked them if there would be any server issues when creating a site in China. They said 'no'. This was a lie. I paid the money and spent a week building a site with their archaic tools. I published the site and learned fairly instantly that I was unable to access it. 'This site is blocked' I thought to myself. I contacted Ipage who spun me a lie about slow response times in Asia. I did some digging and discovered on Wikipedia's 'blocked sites in China' that most sites hosted on Ipage are blocked in China. So common knowledge then and something I can't imagine Ipage being oblivious to. I showed Ipage the site and they told me I would have to sort it out myself.

'Right, that's enough, cancel my account and give me a full refund' I told them. Not that simple apparently. Now they want me to pay for the domain name that would have been free if they hadn't lied to me and I'd set up with another company.

Ipage is awful, the tools are awful, the 'award winning customer service' is awful and the business practices are downright illegal. Plus, if you don't want 1/6th of the population of the world to be blocked from your site you might consider signing up with someone else.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country China Complaint category Hosting & Web Design

Comments

N  6th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hello, i just read ur review. it seems awful that ipage did that to you. I am in china too and want to setup my website. which web hosting u chose then which is not blocked in china?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree