Interval International / No availability - no information

United States Review updated:

We booked our spacious three bedroom Gold Point unit in Breckenridge, Co in October of 2011, and requested a 2 bedroom in Park City, UT for March 22, 2012. They had 6 months to find an exchange. I would think that would be more than enough time. They offered us an efficiency unit, and a one bedroom unit not on our requested time. However, they never failed to ask if we wanted to upgrade our membership. One person even asked if we wanted to bank our week in 2013. We ultimately changed the request to a one bed room unit as our flight day drew closer. We were desperate. We had flights booked and were locked into a specific time period. We called every day. Sometimes twice a day. Some people were helpful. Some barely spoke English. We wanted to know where we stood on the list, but everyone denied the existence of any exchange list. Also, no one would offer up information as to how many units Interval has in the Park City Area. Today our unit went back into the bank and we will search for a rental. We fly out this coming Friday. We are very disappointed with Interval. I think that something is amiss with Interval International. Not a happy camper.

Po

Comments

• Ca
      25th of Jun, 2012

I have a week in Miami beach " Westgate Miami Beach", If you want to exchange with me, just let me know .
    The only way to stop Interval is getting a DataBase with people who owns timeshares and Exchange between owners

• Su
      15th of Sep, 2012

I just bought a timeshare which includes II. This is VERY disappointing since I was told up and down that my Demand number of 7 will get me in ANYWHERE. If you have a demand number of 9 (which your resort does) you should have been given a place immediately. I am now concerned about my purchase and will call the resort I JUST bought at with more questions. I may cancel my purchase if II reviews continue to go this direction.
    Is this the first time you have had problems?

• Ol
      23rd of Sep, 2012

The reason you have a restriction of 59 days is because you deposited with II late. That isn't Intervals fault but yours. Next time read Intervals deposit policies and it won't be so hard to find a vacation.