Interval International / Meal deal package payment system

My husband rang in July 2016 and obtained a quote for the meal deal package for 14 days In Moon Palace Jamaica Grande for over the Christmas holiday (23Dec-6Jan2017) having already secured the room. We made two initial payments and requested our outstanding balance for the meal package as the payment notifications received didn't state how much had been paid or the balance outstanding. We raised the issue and the manager emailed us the amount paid and what our outstanding balance was. Subject to payment 30 days before arrival, we phoned up yesterday 7 Nov to pay the outstanding balance and was told it's now a higher amount!
When asked why this was they explained that the rate is subject to change ! Under no circumstances whether verbally or in writing on any documents received did it say after making the deposit the balance is subject to change!
Having called up the Palace Resort in the US they believe we were incorrectly given the wrong quote from the start. However they are unable to honor the original lower quote although we have it in writing! Under the circumstances we are not prepared to pay another £1000 difference when we are already paying a lot of money for the 2week period.
Yet again we are extremely unsatisfied with the Moon Palace payment process and complaints procedure. We emailed a letter of complaint in July due to the catalogue of errors at the start, which as of to date we are yet to receive a reply!
This was supposed to be a stress free holiday with a 5 star hotel. However the whole payment process leading up to it has been totally unacceptable and unprofessional and have resulted in cancellation of our trip! Under no circumstances have they apologised. We were told we can either pay the difference or find another hotel!

We have booked and stayed at numerous 5star hotels across Jamaica over the years but have never been as disappointed with the hotel customer service provided until now!

Anyone booking via Interval International beware! We will be adding our customer review feedback with all the leading hotel booking companies!

An
Nov 7, 2016

Comments

• Ss
      19th of Nov, 2016

The Social Security Administration allows private banks to not pay their secured liabilities
    and treat their contribution people better in violation of state laws. When women and children and men
    are eating befroe those that paid the bills, then a new deal must be invoked that each ssa representative
    must file a food stamp deposit from their own funds sp that those that paid have control and say
    where they go and that the food stamp deposit by the federal government is paid to us to cover meals
    of at least what they eat of 30.00 a day and a ford f250 not even being used. We do not care for SSA and
    we do not care for those ethat deny food and water and their rental income to those that own it and maintain just
    becasue they never had a car. We think the they must sell of these cars to pay their debts back now. We cannot
    even get inot a clean hotel in this area and want to build one that is clean.

19th of Nov, 2016

People changed our owrds that we type in that were perfectly spelled and want to have
    a fine levyied on the people that would do this.

19th of Nov, 2016

This does not work and is false advertising.

• Bs
      25th of Jan, 2017

I am presently in the process of trying to book a trip to a Caribbean hotel and am astonished at the mandatory all inclusive "deals" that seem to have cropped in within the last few years. Most of these programs are not "deals" some being as high as 3500.00US for 1 week per couple! My husband and I are not drinkers and usually do not eat 3 meals a day so this is quite a losing deal for us. When we purchased with Interval, nearly 20 years ago, this was not heard of. I can't imagine trying to travel with a family today and having to pay for all inclusive on top of what airfare and other costs mount up to. I can appreciate the convenience of the plans but they should not be mandatory. I unfortunately am not going to to travel and be held hostage by my resort for all my meals, and 3000.00 + for two people for a week. I hope many others feel the same and voice their dissatisfaction to Interval and perhaps we can make a change in the mandatory policies!

• Nc
      20th of Feb, 2017

@bsfraun I completely agree. I've had an II membership for a dozen years and for the first 10 was a satisfied customer. Now though nearly every resort worth staying at in the Caribbean or Mexico requires the purchase of a meal plan and as most have already mentioned at a price that is ridiculous. Why did I spend $24, 000 to purchase a deeded week in a beachfront 5 star hotel, pay $1100 a year in maintenance fees only to find out that I can now travel cheaper almost any other way? Come on II, understand that without members you have no business.