IntegraScan / Stay far away

I paid the $34.95 in order to check the background of a potential client. During the first conversation, the man admitted to me that there would be a felony conviction from 1998. The nature of the felony wasn't such that it would cause any concern me as far as doing business with this person.

The Integrascan report came up empty. Nothing whatsoever. While that's a good thing if it's accurate, I knew for a fact that it wasn't. A subsequent background check with Intellius uncovered the felony conviction and a couple of minor things.

I asked Integrascan for a refund, attaching a copy of the Intellius report. They refused, saying that the felony conviction wasn't in any of their databases. Two subsequent emails, pointing out their guarantee, were answered by double-talk.

This company is located in New York. I filed a negative report with the Better Business Bureau of upstate New York, a complaint with the New York Attorney General's office, and a dispute with my credit card issuer. Integrascan contested the dispute every step of the way. It took almost six months to get a refund.

Subsequent research on the internet has unearthed numerous complaints about this company.

Bottom line: Stay far away from Integrascan. There are much better, reliable, trustworthy providers of background information (i.e. Intellius, USSearch, etc.).

Comments

• Po
      9th of Aug, 2010

You can complaint about this scam at www.ic3.gov.