INTEC College / cancellation of the course

South Africa Review updated:
Phone: 27766745458

I applied to study with Intec College last year 25 November 2011 and I paid my registration fee, the registra told me that I will receive my study materials in 21 days after my registration. I received my study materials after two months and I didn't reveive all of them. The software was delivered to me in April 2012. On the 13 February I went to their offices and I told them that I want to cancel this course and Sylvia Mjuqu said I must write a letter to Cape Town and I did so and she e-mail it.

The problem now Intec is demanding me to pay their money that I owe them, and I've benn sending e-mails to ICG asking them that how possible will it be for me to pay because I sent a letter notifying them that I'm cancelling the course. Till today I've never receive any response, but they are demanding me to pay their installments which are now in arrears.

Please help me!!!

Comments

• Po
      Apr 11, 2011
    INTEC College - They make promises every day to come back to us, but nobody ever comes back
    INTEC College

I enrolled my son in December for a course at INTEC College. Today alone I phoned 31 times from my cellphone to INTEC (Cape town branch) without any results. I was put on hold most of the time. He didn’t receive any study material as yet.

They make promises every day to come back to us, but nobody ever comes back. He applied for a study loan and the bank want results at the end of March, but he doesn’t have any study material.

Apr 12, 2019

@Polssen Intec must fall .

• Wa
      Apr 19, 2011
    INTEC College - Cancelltaion
    South Africa

I have cancelled my course with Intec College aug 2010. I keep on calling the call centre and to - date I spoke to 10 different people explaining my story and guess what they - we will invistigate and get back to you... they never ever, ever phone me back and i need to call them because they deduct moeny from my account and I dont even have books or not even studying! They are a ###ing rip - off and I beleive their licence of education should be removed!!!

• Du
      Jul 18, 2011
    INTEC College - No refund
    Intec College
    South Africa

I cancelled studying with Intec college and the cancellation was confirmed by Intec college on 15 April 2011.I was told that I will be refunded, Today is the 18 July 2011 and I still haven’t received my refund. I even escalated my lawyers who sent a letter of demand to Intec College but Intec decided not to reply to the letter.I wonder what i need to do to get my R 8 429.00 refund

Aug 16, 2011

It is shocking to see how many students are in the same boat, and nobody is doing anything about it.
    The same thing is happening to me. After cancelling my registration in Feb 2011, I received an email from Nadiemah Parker stating that my refund is approved and awaiting payment. This was the 14th of July. I am still waiting for the refund and trying to find out what is going on, is useless. Not even the Finance Dept in Durban is answering their phone. WHAT MUST WE DO???!!!

Sep 21, 2011
    INTEC College - Service
    INTEC
    South Africa

My name is Samantha and I enrolled for two courses with INTEC in 2009. One was a Forensic Investigation and the other was Maths and Science in Matric. At that time i lived in Margate and worked from 7 to 5 and could only study on a sunday. That wasnt working too well so i decided to quit my job and move to my father in Cape Town where i could study everyday without having to work. This move was made in January 2010. Unfortunately due to family obligations i was forced to return to Margate and had to get a job again. When i moved from Cape Town back to Margate in March 2010, i had to leave my books behind because of a complication at the airport. I then only recieved my study books in December 2010. My exams for the Forensic Investigation was in January 2011. I sent emails and tried to phone my student advisor (Dorothy?) to try extend my exam date but i never got feedback. There was nothing i could do about my study material being stuck in Cape Town. I would really like to get my exams moved to another date but the website tells me i hve to reapply for the course and i find that unfair as i have already paid almost R6000 for my course. Can anyone help me on this matter?

• Dv
      Oct 19, 2011

Intec College does not do the cancelations and just going on to debit your bank account. they just make promises to call back and do not call back to study at them is a bad idea. The complaint started in April with my cancelation and it is now already October! RE: Complaint 10011248124

• Ly
      Sep 22, 2012
    INTEC College - NON REFUND, 6 months of delayingtactics, incompetant administration
    Intec College
    South Africa

I have been waiting for 6 months for a refund of initial enrolment and deposit. Books arrived late. Wrong address captured on their data system. Phone no's are changed and people spoken to about my daughter's education etc without my knowledge or permission. Unnaceptable administration. Non reply except automated emails of delay. Total preposterous service.

• Nt
      Aug 18, 2016

Cancellation of Intec college course
    I am so fedup with the poor service and high costs involved with this college. I was not informed that I have to pay so much for each and every exam I write. I feel burdened by this and I can no longer afford all these costs as I am a single parent and I am inconvenienced and I regret registering and signing the intec college because they are only after money and they milk you knowing they have bound you with a contract. I am going to email them to cancel this contract which I am hoping they will agree as I can no longer afford to study with them and dont find them professional as I had to wait weeks for my login details and the study guides, I know for a fact that they wont refund me as I have registered in March 2016.
    I just need intec cancellation committee to kindly cancel my contract and stop deducting my money.If need be I will forward the matter to my lawyers!
    Can someone please provide me with the intec college review committee and cancellation committee email address.
    Regards,
    Ntombi

• Jp
      Feb 27, 2018

I am currently in the same position i applied with intect in January 2018 and they took more money than agreed upon and then i called in and sent emails but didnt get any feedback i also tried de registering but every time i get through to someone they say im in the wrong department and put me on hold till the call ends by itself i went to only one of the classes and didn’t go to any of the others or even use the study material, i am still paying the money for something that i didn’t even use and i am still trying to get hold of them since last year to de-register

• Su
      Aug 30, 2018

My name is Tyran. I wanted to complete my grade 12 NSC certificate and took out a course with Intec. At first the consultant were friendly and very helpful and I thought wow excellent service. I have explained everything to the consultant and I asked every question I could think of. So I were happy with all answers and agreements and finally decided to go ahead and do the course throw them. The nightmare all started when I received my study material. Study material were wrong, in English which is probably non-negotiable these days but no one bothered to tell me that, but in their forms they ask about home language and all. Except that I did ask the consultant to do my course in Afrikaans he did not inform me that they only provide it in English. I immediately contacted them only to find out then, that they only provide it in English. So I decided to cancel this course, now almost 5 months ago and gather my own study material in my preferred language. Guess what, cancellation is still being prepared for review, are u kidding me - what kind of education institution is this if they can't even finalised a cancellation. I'm being debited every month unfairly and telephone consultants is very, very poorly trained and no help at all. Apparently one cant even talk to cancellations department yourself, what is that? Intec is the worst institution no doubt.