ING Direct — illegal unfair practices
I had unauthorized charges on my account dated 03/23/08. I disputed them on 03/24/08 and sent in the corresponding required paper work on 03/31/08. I called in April and again in May to verify that the dispute is under investigation. I was told that they had up to 90 days or two billing cycles to resolve the dispute and not to call again. I received no communication regarding the dispute through email or phone.
I decided to call in June since it was almost approaching the 90 day period to see what the status was. I was told they needed me to refax in all the information I had already faxed in. I did. Next I was given an affidavit to fill out and fax back. I did. Then after all the required paperwork was finished I was then sent an email stating that the disputed amount is over 60 days old and they will not assist me with the dispute.
I called Customer Service and spent over 6 hours on hold speaking to different representatives (many of whom hung up on me during my 20 min hold times) and different supervisors. I was told that the company couldn't find all my paperwork (even though I have a fax confirmation that they did!!). That they don't know why I was told to refax paperwork in. That they don't know why they didn't call or email me to let me know to resend in paperwork. But regardless if the company messed up in the information they gave me or didn't give me they will not be helping me.
They are an extremely cheap rude ignorant company that will do whatever it takes to save a couple of dollars! I have referred several people to accounts with ING. I was looking into refinancing my home loan account through ING this August.
Thank goodness I found out the type of company I was dealing with before I was too invested!
More ING Direct Complaints & Reviews
- ING Direct - horrible treatment illegal practices 
- ING Direct - ing direct will not close my account and send my remaining funds 
- ING Direct - fraud and cheating 
- ING Direct Savings - in an attempt to save money I have now spent over $ 200.00 with this company 
- ING Direct - ing direct complaints file with bbb 
- Ing Bank - keep waited customers
- Ing Bank - fund clearance certificate from the uk security and exchange commission 
- ING Direct - terrible customer service! 
- Ing Bank - I was scammed by your customer 
- Ing - annuity