Indiaplaza.in/Sony Ericcson W300i / Refusal to honor warranty, No Courtesy or Regard

1 India Review updated:

Before I begin to tell my story, let me say that I have been a loyal customer of Indiaplaza for more than 6 years and this is the first time I ever had to contact their customer service and the experience is indescribable.

I had purchased a Sony Ericcson W300i phone for my brother as a Birthday Gift for about Rs. 5600 in Feb. 2008 from Indiaplaza.in, however, last month the microphone of the telephone ceased to function making the phone unusable. We contacted SONY INDIA but they said that SONY does NOT provide any kind of warranty for its products that are SOLD ONLINE. This was discovered after my brother had to waste one full day of work to visit SONY's service center in Mumbai and had to wait in a long queue just to discover this. Needless to say, this was a shocking experience as Indiaplaza's product description clearly mentioned that the product came with ONE YEAR OF MANUFACTURER WARRANTY.

We conveyed this to Indiaplaza hoping to get a clarification on how they were selling something with a warranty that was not even being recognized by SONY INDIA. Instead of telling the entire sob-story, I would like to say that I have made almost 10 Phone calls to Indiaplaza's customer care located in Bangalore to no avail. I have no clue what kind of people they have employed.

Their customer care reps have FAILED to even understand the issue after about 10 phone calls from me and about 7-8 from my brother. The service reps keep offering to send a receipt or a warranty card despite out repeated requests that SONY INDIA has already refused to honor WARRANTY regardless of anything. The rep we spoke to whose name I will not mention, has repeatedly PROMISED that a supervisor will call my brother back in Mumbai with a resolution, however, after false promises for about a week, NO ONE has yes returned the phone call and we have to call them each day about why NO ONE is contacting us.

Let me make it clear that I have to wake up at 5 AM (which i do anyhow) in order to make the call to them before they shut down operations at 6 PM IST.

Despite several emails, we keep receiving a poorly composed reply with promises that they are looking into the issue. I am really appalled at the whole issue and despite emailing a bunch of other people including their COO, Vaitheeswaran, I have not received any thing promising. Indiaplaza has constantly refused to hear our please to either replace the phone or repair it.

I have sent them a final email advising that a case will be filed in Consumer Court for breach of trust and dishonoring the terms of purchase. I am hoping to receive good news before I am forced to take this extreme step.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Stay Miles Away from INDIAPLAZA. Their Management and Customer Care both are HIGHLY INCOMPETENT and need to take a lesson from companies like Infibeam.com and Flipkart.com where customer services exceeds all known benchmarks. I have attached a copy of my conversation with Indiaplaza as well.

Regards,
Gautam

Indiaplaza.in/Sony Ericcson W300i

Comments

• Fo
      27th of Aug, 2009

If you're unable to see the communication attachment above, visit this:

27th of Aug, 2009

Here's a copy of my most recent email to Indiaplaza (after about 15 phone calls and numerous emails):
    =======================

From: Gautam Dhar
    Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:47 AM
    To: vaithee@indiaplaza.in ; service@indiaplaza.com ; customerservice@indiaplaza.in ; feedback@indiaplaza.com ; corporateservices@indiaplaza.in ; sushil@indiaplaza.in ; jasmine@indiaplaza.in ; yesu@indiaplaza.in ; renuka@indiaplaza.in ; lalita@indiaplaza.in
    Cc: Yogesh Dhar (Work) ; Gautam Dhar (Personal)
    Subject: Appalled at your Customer Service - Warranty Issue with Order #010220090452

To All Parties Concerned:

The purpose of this email is to reach out to the Customer Care Dept. and the Management team at Indiaplaza regarding a warranty issue with Order #010220090452. I DO NOT wish to repeat what the issue is. Your customer care team has FAILED to understand the issue in over 2 weeks. There have been promises of a phone call back by a Supervisor, but they were all false and empty promises.

I am APPALLED at the horrible customer service Indiaplaza has provided to a customer who has been a loyal patron for last 6-7 years. All of your customer care representatives have failed to show an courtesy or meet the minimum level of service that your company claims to offer on its website. After only a few months, a Rs 6000 worth of phone has turned into a lemon and your company has blatantly REFUSED to even listen to the issue.

You sold a product that SONY INDIA has REFUSED to honour the warranty on, as numerous of my emails listed below (along with an email from SONY INDIA) have mentioned. Your representatives ARE NOT reading emails and NOT listening to us on the phone. I have made ABOUT 10 phone calls from USA to your Banagalore customer care office at 5AM, however, all in vain.

If your company has anyone competent at a superior level, I request that he/she give either me or my brother Yogesh (to whom the phone was shipped) a call back.

Our final step will be to file a Case in Consumer Court by next week against INDIAPLAZA for breach of trust and dishonoring the terms of purchase.

Sincerely,
    Gautam D

27th of Aug, 2009

CORRECTION: Phone was purchased in FEB 2009 NOT 2008.

• Te
      29th of May, 2010

Dear Gautam Dhar,
    The mobile was serviced in the Sony Erricson service center in Bangalore and shipped back to you in working condition to your satisfaction. I kindly request you to acknowledge the same.
    Warm Regards,