Indian Railways / physical handicapp coach & facilities

India Review updated:

Dear Sir,

I would like to say that on 15th April I purchsed physical handicapp ticket No: [protected] dt. 15/04/12 from jaipur to Jodhpur in Indore Intercity express & waited for the train to come. The train was 15 minutes from its arriving time at jaipur station of 14.45. Now according to the railways the physical handicap coach should be in the front as well at the back of the train near gaurd coach. But on that day only a single coach was there & that too in the front. We & some of the physical handicap friends went to the front & when we reached the coach I was astonished to see that maximum GRP staff & railways staff carrying their card of NWREU in their pockets & captured the physical handicap coach. When we went to them & asked them to give the seat to the physical handicap persons they refused saying that why should they give the seat to the physical handicap peoples.

Now when we got down & complained the GRP ASI Mr. MS Meena about this he started shouting on us & using abusive language He told us to go & speak with the station master it is none of my business. I just wanted to know that why does the railway higher authorities say that they are giving good facilites to the senior citizens, physical handicaps & the patients. Why the railways higher authorities not looking to these...? Why are they seeing all this when they are knowing the facts...? Why does anybody senior go & see these coaches at the time of the arrival of the trains.

Even I was surprised that a GRP ASI Mr. MS Meena replying in such a manner & speaking with us like we are the culprits. I say that the facility in rajasthan is worst then the other states. Jodhpur station is not having seperate ticket counter for senior citizens, womens & physical handicap as in other states there are seperate counters.

I feel very bad when the railway employees treat us like this. It is really shameful for me that I travel with the worlds second largest railway & the Railways ministry implies the law but dont see to the laws to be executed. As all the laws relating to railways are broken by the railway employees themselves & Maximum laws are manipulated by the GRP.

I would like the railway authorities to check this time by time otherwise nothing could happen.

Kailash Sharma
Hno: 80, Bhatia Choraha,
Ratanada, Jodhpur
Cell No: [protected]

Comments

26th of Jun, 2012

In this Handicapped Coaches unauthorized passenger in this coach which are not handicapped like police staff, railway staff, RPF staff not on duty, not handicapped but travel in this coach even Ticket Collector do not fine but fine the handicapped person who does not have Handicapped Certificate they are fine, even after giving Complaint National Human Right Commission directed to CST public complaint to prepare report from special staff to check that unauthorized people do not travel in this coach, given in reply report of complaint 432 penalized I request Railway see what report you have prepared, This Thane Station 4.40 pm Badlapur Local Train on plat form number 5.

• Ba
      12th of Feb, 2013

Dear Sir,
    I am a Physically disabled person. I used to travel to bangalore every week in the Brindavan Physically disabled coach. But the Railway employees occupies the place. They not only occupy the coaches, but also starts smoking and playing cards in the coach itself. If some diabled persons objects for this, the railway employees would abuse the disabled person. Even the RPF Personnel are not coming to the coaches in the station to check the handicapped certificates eventhough they know it. I messaged the complaint 2 times to the RPF helpline 09995040000 on 16-Jan-2013. But no action was taken against them by the RPF till now. To avoid this type of situations, I request you to put the disabled coach both at the front as well as the rear so that guards can take care of atleast one disabled coach.Even the public also getting inside the coach and occupying the place in such a way that even the disabled person is not able to use the wash room. The RPF Personnel instead of not allowing the public inside abused the disabled persons.Please take necessary action so that the disabled persons can enjoy the facilities given by the Government