Indeed.com / unsafe website

West Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

I posted my resume on indeed.com for local employment opportunities. After posting my email box was flooded with 50 messages per day from other employment websites. I assume indeed.com is selling information to these other websites that I didn't sign up for?
I uploaded my resume on the internet to "indeed.com" with personal information and I am convinced it's not secure.
Why... , because since then I have been receiving all this junk in my email box, and not only with job information.
I receive sexually explicit emails from individuals in my area who want to connect with me because they have seen my profile!!!
Plus emails from russian and asian sites looking for sexual connections.
It has taken me a full day to unsubscribe from all these sites, plus spend money to ramp up my internet security.
I want to know if any other people who have subscribed to "indeed.com" have encountered the same issue?

Ro
Jun 26, 2015

Comments

• Be
      12th of Jul, 2015

Yes, they harbour a lot of scam, many fake businesses post fake jobs probably to steal personal information. I had a recent experience, but I intend to report it to the police so I will not make it public yet. Indeed is an unsafe site.