Imperial Tobacco Australia / champion rich red 50g

1 Australia Review updated:

I have remained a loyal Champion customer for almost a decade. As the price of tobacco surged in recent years, I happily paid the extra expense, knowing the tobacco was of a higher quality than most other brands. Over the last few years, however, the quality has declined significantly.

I constantly find big, hard chunks of stem in every pack I buy, along with those little black balls of resin every now and then. In my opinion, the presence of these other materials means that I am essentially being ripped off! When I buy 50g of tobacco, I do not receive 50g of smokable product because the packet contains all this other unsmokable plant material that is useless and simply thrown away.

Considering the high price I pay for this tobacco, I am very frustrated by how terrible the quality has become. When I purchased a pouch of Champion Rich Red (a "gold" strength tobacco) in Sydney over the weekend, my frustration with this brand deepened.

When I opened this pouch, the aroma smelled particularly strong. Upon smoking a few cigarettes, I began to suspect the tobacco may actually be Champion Ruby (a"red" strength tobacco). I asked a few friends for their opinion and together we concluded without a doubt that the tobacco was Champion Ruby. Obviously the tobacco was packaged incorrectly. A mistake this huge is simply unacceptable.

It seems the substandard quality of Champion's tobacco, recently, has become their new standard. With this, along with the problems surrounding my latest purchase, I have been left furious!

Champion's apparent inattention for proper quality control demonstrates a complete disregard for their customers satisfaction. They expect us to continue to pay top dollar for their 'premium' product, while at the same time, hoping we will ignore their carelessness and neglect, and the disappointing impact it's caused to their product.

Lu
Jun 29, 2018

Comments

• Br
      18th of Feb, 2019

This person is spot on.Champion Ruby 'used ' to be good. Now it is just [censored]. As much as I like smoking, I think its time to give up.Been smoking for 40 years.

• Im
      20th of Feb, 2019

@Brenda Eulenstein At Imperial Tobacco Australia we take consumers’ concerns about the quality of our products particularly seriously. We see from what you have written above that you have had a less than ideal experience with one of our products. We invite you to contact our Customer Response Centre on 1800 677 953 to have your experience recorded so that any production problem can be identified and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.