Idrotherapy.org / free trial fail

I made order of free trial from idrotherapy.org website. The item I ordered cost nothing but I should pay for shipping - $4.95. Approximately after a week I received trial cream. I used it but I decided not to order it again. However, this company decided to subscribe me for monthly delivery and took $100!

To

Comments

• Lo
      12th of Dec, 2012

I have filed a complaint with the BBB because of the practices of this company, and I will also file a complaint with the Attorney General of Texas, and if they charge my credit card I will protest the charge and refuse to pay for this rip-off. Lottie Carryer

• Un
      17th of Aug, 2014

I am trying to call the phone numbers to get a returns no to cancel my sample and I keep being told phone numbers are unavailable and the email for cancellation will not accept my email address and keeps telling me I do not have an account with them.

30th of Aug, 2016

yes I got my free trial and want to cancel - no numbers to be found anywhere - what a rip off. does anyone have the NZ 0800 number please?

2nd of Jul, 2017

@Martine Bouillir yes total rip - have just been on the ph to them $500 roughly has been billed to my credit card and so far only the first lot of product arrived - everyone be careful we have finally cancelled by calling 0800141482 or 0800058430 one of those numbers will get you through but ask them to get you off speaker phone or you will not understand them - or cancell your credit/debit card as a last resort.

11th of May, 2018

@Martine Bouillir the email sent by idrotherapy for NZ is listed as + 64 800 995 077. I hope this helps. I didn't get any customer support from the Australian number so it was in my best interest to cancel my credit card immediately which was a major nuisance because of poor customer service which I believe lead to a person on another continent with a long delay between communications noted. Waste of time for me.

• Ka
      9th of Nov, 2017

My skin practically drinks this cream. Light and no irritated feeling at all even in our humid tropical weather. My husband loves it and ask for me to re-order since he can see his wrinkles seem smoother after application. And the price seems to have gone down which is always better for us the consumer. Recommend!

• Am
      29th of Dec, 2017

First time use, after receiving the product on the 10th day after signing up, I broke out in hives. did not use it again. planning to cancel it just to find out that my account had already been charged almost $70 CAN dollars. I contacted the company, hoping they can reverse the charges as I was ready to return the products ARGAN and IDROTHERAPY. They made it so impossible for me to return as they are going to charge cancellation which is not indicated on the trial sign up, my own shipping back, not to mention the trouble of making extra trip to the post office. Basically them suggesting that they would just keep the charge made to my account. JUST ANOTHER INTERNET SCAM!!!

• Gu
      12th of Feb, 2018

Cancelled my bank card. Charges made without ordering and i never receibed the product or the receipt. So i opened a fraud complaont with my bank amd cancelled my card so they cannot charge amymore

12th of Jul, 2018

I purchased the 'trial' pack on 12 March 2018 and have since been charged 6 more times ranging from AUD130.85 to 149.80. I received the horrid products about three times in total although from my understanding I only ordered the trial pack (it was on FaceBook)

I rang, got some woman who sounded as if she was working from home in another country (with a kid crying in the background), complained but go no joy. I feel totally ripped off and foolish! My bank advised me to cancel my card to stop 'them' from taking more money. Who is running this rip off company? It is so unfair so many of us have been ripped off.

7th of Jan, 2019

@Jangil Same experience here. I was charged for $154 and $120 for the other when I only received the product 3 days ago. They charged me even before 16 day trial period. Called them twice to tell them that I dont have the product yet but still charged me full price for both product without even teying them. WTF. I learned my lesson, never do same thing again, and beware pf online shopping..😢

• Lo
      10th of Nov, 2018

This FREE sample is a giant rip off. On top of the shipping charge, there will be an automatic monthly shipment, and automatic monthly charges to your credit card. This is fraud at its worst and should be outlawed. We just got charged $672.70 CDN for two shipments of product I never wanted. The peoduct is not that great! Will definitely ship back and get my credit card refunded. I will definitely contact the BBB and any other agency I can to expose these people.

• Wm
      11th of Jan, 2019

Really not very happy! This has to be the most expensive "Free Trial" I have ever participated in. First you pay p&p which is far enough. Then you are recommended to order a second product for optimum results, secondary p&p charges but it is at least optional

On deciding not to join the "Elite" monthly subscription thing, and cancelling within the allocated time frame, I am notified of a USD9.99 per product "processing fee for the return, plus I have to return the unused product or empty container from NZ to Australia, also at my expense

All of this info is available on order, however, it is not all explained in the Terms & Conditions on the website. Actual info is all over the place therefore just proves the old adage, if it seems too good to be true, it is!

Always read the small print, everywhere!

But wait, I was offered an easier option... I could keep the product and they would bill me USD15 per product for me to throw it out. Begs the question, why is the "ELite" membership price USD99 per month...

Not at all above board, total rip off - I feel very foolish but lesson learned!

Amazed Theresa Caputo fronts this, shows also what a scam artist she must be also...

• La
      16th of Jan, 2019

Not cool at all!!! I purchased the 'trial' of argan oil last December 2018 that they advised on Facebook online said something about Angelina jolie argan oil. It said “$4.95 shipping only for free sample trial. You know what? I order it and then received the item, tested it on my hand. Pretty much the same
    From chemist warehouse (there are many of argan oils at the store here cheaper and better than this). Then later I received Idrotherapy wrinkles reducers cream, which I never order them. I actually surprised as well “where do they come from??? Then I noticed it the same from argan oil. Testing them on my hand again before I can put it on my face. Maybe it a great products but hardly really commit to try this daily for my skin care.
    Then this morning, wake up, check bank account then see missing money from Idrotherapy AUD $153.81 and Try Argan oil $136.78. How and why and what??????
    I rang, got some woman and told her what happens and she explained the conditions. I said I actually only try the Argan oil and it doesn’t say the cost and the fees or monthly
    Or whatever it’s subscribe of these [censored] products. I asked to canceled all the [censored]ing products they subscribe for me. Then I recall to make sure it completely canceled. The lady sound the same but different name. I asked to speak to the previous lady, she told me she was on her break (This second call is just after 3 mins) Im just concern because she introduced her name different but the way she sound and speak is the same from the previous lady. Then I asked if I could refund on these products and refund my money as I only test on my hand and hardly use it. She said you have two choice. You can send back the products but have to pay your own shipping fees and if they didn’t see the products they won’t refund you. Second choice is canceled all the membership subscribe and she will refund me the 30% of these products. I said cool. I’ll do that. She said it will took 3-5 day to see your refund on your account which is AUD $110.68 that she email me. So I will wait and see. If not I will have to cancel my bank card and order a new one. If they wanna sell these products I personally think they should do it a better way instead doing all of these and customer complaints and calling! I don’t know why they keep up with this. So yes, most of you and me learnt a lesson of not trusting any [censored]ing online advertisement and free stuff because you all [censored]ing know this is actually wasting our time and scamming our money. I’m so disappointed to do something stupid myself. Never in my life again!

• De
      29th of Jan, 2019

Hello,
    It is defiantly confusing and tricky this company relies on your ignorance of not reading all the terms and conditions
    .I've just called and cancelled my subscription .All of the people above with complaints you need to check below I've left all the numbers for you to cancel if you wish to.Details below it cost me the initial free trial as I didn't call within 14 days and it just cost me the next month as well so I was done like you all cost me over $300 and you paying us dollars.
    Scroll down for details
    CANCELLATION NOTIFICATION

Order Number: 770806

Ordered on 1/24/2019 6:11:10 AM

Dear Deborah Crofts,

Thank you for using Idrotherapy Subscription. This email is to inform you that your subscription status has been recently updated and any ongoing or all future charges have been cancelled as per your request.

If you have any questions about this notification or if you feel you are receiving this in error, please feel free to contact our Customer Service team. We are available 24/7.

You may contact us at the following customer service numbers:

UK: (44) 203 608-3989
    CA: 1 888 409-1158

• De
      29th of Jan, 2019

This is for the other product you receive as you will need to check this as well.
    Details below
    CANCELLATION NOTIFICATION

Order Number: 766269

Ordered on 1/23/2019 5:29:38 AM

Dear Deborah Crofts,

Thank you for using Essence of Argan Subscription. This email is to inform you that your subscription status has been recently updated and any ongoing or all future charges have been cancelled as per your request.

You may contact us at the following customer service numbers:

UK: +44 800 086-8439
    CA: +1 888 317-3387

• Ba
      7th of Feb, 2019

Yes I am another one scammed for my "FREE" trial offer. So what is to be done. Will the ACCC do anything, not sure but will give it a go. Might try Fair Trading as well.
    Mongrels, I put a curse on you and hope your skin turns on you.

• Al
      10th of Feb, 2019

Alice Boyce 11 February
    I am another person totally scammed by the "FREE" trial offer. I received the argon oil - nothing special there - could have bought it in the chemist for $10 Aussie dollars!!! It arrived just before Christmas and as I did not sign to say I wanted no more product I thought that was the end of it. The oil and cream were quite ordinary and the $14.95 I paid probably more than covered their worth.
    Received my credit card statement today and I have been charged a total of $626.21 for the 2 lots of each product received. I too rang someone in the US who went into great detail to make sure I understood I had inadvertently signed up for all this because I did not sign up at all. Apparently not cancelling is the same as agreeing. I obviously did not read the small print.
    I am in total shock. I intend contacting the Ministry of Fair Trading. It is almost a relief to find other people who are in the same boat. We must all try to get this scheme stopped.

21st of Feb, 2019

I unfortunately also got caught by this. I went on to get the trial for Essence of Argan but through the order automatically got signed up for the trial for Irdotherapy. So paid postage for two products. Then found out after the 14 day period expired automatic deduction from my credit card for the product. Contacted them and cancelled my account and then wanted to return unsued product but they wouldn't accept it but gave me USD30 compensation for each product. I await to see if this is credited to my account.

Interesting thing with this is that they only give you 14 day free trial to return product if you don't want it but on the website for Essence of Argan they say you will start noticing a difference in a month so how can you trial something for half the time that they are saying it takes to notice a difference.

Massive rip off and learnt my lesson about small print - must be one of the worst companies for this that I have ever come across.

• Sh
      13th of Mar, 2019

I got my free trial 2 weeks ago and I called customer service right before my free trial ends, I really loved the results as it helped smoothen out fine lines around my forehead and eye. Their representative was very accomodating and explained everything and even gave me a discount. I was taken aback that the free trial was not the product itself but you gotta do what you gotta do for beauty. I am still going to recommend this product to my friends as I have seen real results myself

• Mi
      14th of Mar, 2019

I liked the Idrotherapy and actually i was aware that is a trial product so when I ordered this I immediately called them about my trial period the customer service was very helpful and also give me a big discount with a free gift every month I purchased this. This product helps me to reduce my wrinkle and absolutely indeed a good product. I enrolled to their monthly shipment. I loved this product and 100% i will recommend it to my friends.And also on our family gathering I used this product as a gift to my family..

• Mi
      15th of Mar, 2019

Im using Idro today and my husband love it so much. I really love this product and I will continue using it...

• Ga
      16th of Mar, 2019

I"m using Idrotheraphy since last year and until now I'm still using this product. having a wrinkles when getting old is no joke. I keep searching for a good product that will reduce my wrinkles and I can say almost all the wrinkle reducer product is very expensive and I cant see any result. Until one day while I'm browsing on my facebook this product caught my attention. I say I should give it a try. Well some of you are confused about the trial as per what I read in the prev. customer but they indicated FREE trial do it means there's an agreement on that. So I read the T & C and dial customer service. I could say that their customer support is very helpful because from $99.99 USD they gave me 50% discount for the product. And I decided to subscribed to them with my lifetime discount. Within 2 weeks I can see the changes on my face. And I will still recommending this product to my friends and family members.

• Ne
      17th of Mar, 2019

At first I was wondering what is this product and upon checking on the web page its a wrinkle reducer which is the product I am looking for. So I just give it a shot at first im not aware about the product is a trial until I called to their customer service. And I was beyond happy because their customer service help a lot to me and she explain every thing I need to know and she also give me a discount so i decided to subscribe to their Dollar a day promo this product is worth it swear..