Id Sentinelalert / United Benefits Advantage / Fraudulent Unauthorized Charges

1 NY, United States Review updated:

This company has gained access to my bank card or checking account apparently through a product that I purchased online. They then proceeded to access my checking account for services that I never ordered or authorized.

When I contacted them, the lady that I spoke with said that they handle business for both companies : ID Sentinel Alert & United Benefit Advantage. Also, that they had a taped conversation with me agreeing to their services. This of course was not true.

This is unacceptable. As a result, I contacted the fraud department and filed a complaint with both my bank as well as the Better Business Bureau.

Ge

Comments

• Lo
      11th of Mar, 2010

I agree 100% with Gervais. My husband went to our bank today to work out some issues we received from them, and lo and behold, there they were on our statement too! The excact same company(s). My husband also called them to see who they were and what they were about. Anyway, by the end of the conversation, the lady advised my husband that the money would indeed be put back in our account.
    Thank you for posting your comment Gervais. If not for it, I'd of been falsely accused of improper bookkeeping, or even worse.

etloya

15th of Jun, 2010

Yes, I also had this company somehow get my info and sent me stuff in the mail. I know for a fact I did not order this. It is not something even through a scam would I even consider. They already charged my account 5 and change. I have telephone my bank and they closed my account. They are sending me the paper work and fixed it so these people can not attach to anymore of my money. I am waiting for the hour they open to telphone them and let them know like the Gervais said, they do not have me on tape agreeing to anything! But just think of all the money they make even though it is 5 and change how many others have they done this to?

15th of Jun, 2010

I think it is always good to let people know the outcome. I telephoned them this morning and cancelled. I made it very clear I didnt care what kind of tape they had. I know for a fact I would never have agreed to this and I also stay away from any company with the word "Advantage" in the name. Did something like this two years ago and it wasnt what I wanted and cancelled. Now I know if the word appears I am not interested. Then the girl said ok fine we will cancell. She wanted me to hear the tape but then she couldnt find it. They got some of my money but I still have a dispute in and maybe my bank will get it back for me. Otherwise I chalk it up to learning curve and it could have been worse.