ICICI Lombard - Health Insurance / unnecessary policy cancellation charges charged to me by icici lombard
COMPLAINT: Unnecessary Policy cancellation Charges charged to me by ICICI Lombard.
CAUSE : My name and address was wrongly spelt on the policy certificate. I returned the policy immediately. I requested to correct the same. I sent 19 mails to ICICI lombard and ABN AMBRO. They did not bother. Ultimately I cancelled the policy. This they accepted and charged me heavy cancellation charges.
BRIEF HISTORY AND FACTS:
1. In the month of Mar06 I applied for ABN AMBRO credit card.
2. They accepted and offered me credit card. They also offered me a health insurance policy from ICICI Lombard, on monthly payment basis. I accepted
3. 20 Apr 06 I received the credit card and insurance policy. But my name and address on card as well as policy was wrongly spelt.
4. 24APR 06 I returned the policy to ICICI Lombard, Mahalaxmi office, through courier. I have the POD. I requested for necessary correction. Similarly I requested ABN AMBRO for correction.
5. 29.04.06 ABN asked me additional documents. This letter I received on 24.05.06 and I submitted the documents immediately.
6. ICICI Lombard asked me to reconfirm the changes (MODIFICATION TO ENDORSEMENT) on 15.5.06, I have replied on 24.5.06.
7. I received corrected card on 22.06.06 acknowledged on 6.07.06.
8. 3.07.06 I received mail from ICICI Lombard that the new policy is under printing and you will receive soon.
9. I received the document again on 7.07.06 with wrong name and address.
10. During this period I had sent more than 19 mails to ICICI and ABN, I have spoken many times to their customer care cell/ 24 hrs banking service etc.
11. So ultimately I thoroughly convinced that ICICI Lombard can not correct my name and hence I can not get policy with correct name and address.
12. On 13 .07.06 I requested to cancel the proposal.
13. This they accepted immediately and charged me heavy cancellation Charges, stating some rules.
14. In the month of September I have paid full amount to ABN AMBRO approx. Rs. 10,800/- for NO REASON
THEY FAILED TO WRITE MY NAME CORRECTLY. THEY FAILED TO CORRECT IT. I HAVE NO POLICY. BUT I HAD TO PAY OVER RS. 10,800/-. I HAVE BEEN PENALIZED FOR NO REASON.
FAULTS: AT ICICI:
1. They have received the policy back within 15 days hence they have no right to charge me any cancellation charges.
1. They should not charge any late payment charges when the card was under correction.
2. They should have ensured that their associate company is providing the proper service to customer.
1. REIMBURSEMENT OF RS.10,800/- CHARGED BY ABN AMRO
WITH RESPECT TO THIS ISSUE.
2. COMPENSATION FOR MENTAL TORTURER FOR 5 MONTHS
3. INTEREST at 10% TILL THE PAYMENT IS MADE
More ICICI Lombard - Health Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service! 
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers! 
- ICICI Bank - current account
- ICICI Bank - icici bank credit card
- ICICI Bank - tricks customers in to buying their insurance schemes while transacting through net banking
- ICICI Bank - transaction dispute
- ICICI Bank - cpp one assist/ unauthorised charges from my account