ICICI Lombard - Health Insurance / unnecessary policy cancellation charges charged to me by icici lombard

1 India Review updated:

COMPLAINT: Unnecessary Policy cancellation Charges charged to me by ICICI Lombard.

CAUSE : My name and address was wrongly spelt on the policy certificate. I returned the policy immediately. I requested to correct the same. I sent 19 mails to ICICI lombard and ABN AMBRO. They did not bother. Ultimately I cancelled the policy. This they accepted and charged me heavy cancellation charges.

BRIEF HISTORY AND FACTS:
1. In the month of Mar06 I applied for ABN AMBRO credit card.
2. They accepted and offered me credit card. They also offered me a health insurance policy from ICICI Lombard, on monthly payment basis. I accepted
3. 20 Apr 06 I received the credit card and insurance policy. But my name and address on card as well as policy was wrongly spelt.
4. 24APR 06 I returned the policy to ICICI Lombard, Mahalaxmi office, through courier. I have the POD. I requested for necessary correction. Similarly I requested ABN AMBRO for correction.
5. 29.04.06 ABN asked me additional documents. This letter I received on 24.05.06 and I submitted the documents immediately.
6. ICICI Lombard asked me to reconfirm the changes (MODIFICATION TO ENDORSEMENT) on 15.5.06, I have replied on 24.5.06.
7. I received corrected card on 22.06.06 acknowledged on 6.07.06.
8. 3.07.06 I received mail from ICICI Lombard that the new policy is under printing and you will receive soon.
9. I received the document again on 7.07.06 with wrong name and address.
10. During this period I had sent more than 19 mails to ICICI and ABN, I have spoken many times to their customer care cell/ 24 hrs banking service etc.
11. So ultimately I thoroughly convinced that ICICI Lombard can not correct my name and hence I can not get policy with correct name and address.
12. On 13 .07.06 I requested to cancel the proposal.
13. This they accepted immediately and charged me heavy cancellation Charges, stating some rules.
14. In the month of September I have paid full amount to ABN AMBRO approx. Rs. 10,800/- for NO REASON

THEY FAILED TO WRITE MY NAME CORRECTLY. THEY FAILED TO CORRECT IT. I HAVE NO POLICY. BUT I HAD TO PAY OVER RS. 10,800/-. I HAVE BEEN PENALIZED FOR NO REASON.

FAULTS: AT ICICI:

1. They have received the policy back within 15 days hence they have no right to charge me any cancellation charges.

AT ABN:

1. They should not charge any late payment charges when the card was under correction.
2. They should have ensured that their associate company is providing the proper service to customer.

COMPENSATION REQUIRED:

1. REIMBURSEMENT OF RS.10,800/- CHARGED BY ABN AMRO
WITH RESPECT TO THIS ISSUE.
2. COMPENSATION FOR MENTAL TORTURER FOR 5 MONTHS
RS 5,000/-
3. INTEREST at 10% TILL THE PAYMENT IS MADE

Comments

• Kl
      1st of Dec, 2008

Dear Sir,

I have been told previously to cancel my Insurance Policy. It has been agreed over phone and again it is observed that the amout is de-duducting in my account towards ICICI Lombard Insurance.

Requesting you once again cancel my Policy and Re-pay my amount to my ICICI Account No. 004801566319.

• De
      18th of Feb, 2009

Beware from ICICI Lombard health Insurance

Hello friend I am agree with you. I have also taken the health insurance policy of ICICI Lombard . when i want to cancel it, company is deducting 50 % of annual policy. So i want to say that Plz avoid ICICI Lombard that who are holding ICICI credit card.

• Dh
      20th of Apr, 2009

Hi,
    Would like to sggest you that please file a case against them in consumer forum under sec 134A.pLEASE File it asap

• Ni
      23rd of Jul, 2012

Sir, My Name is Nirmal Singh. Sir, I was opening a health insurance from your icici lombard on 18 May 2012. Amount for a sum of Rs 6740/- was debited from my account on 21 May 2012. A message has been received by us from your company on 22 May 2012 that your policy was despatched on 23 May 2012. Till date policy and documents have not yet been received by us. I'll speak with your branch at delhi about four to five times. They give reply me your documents will reach with in a week. after two month the same was not received by us. Pl give reason for delay and send the documents at the earliest. Give reply on my id (nirrmalghotra@yahoo.co.in). I'll be waiting for your reply and documents. I shall be ever gratefull for this act of kindness.

• Mr
      2nd of Jun, 2017

please file a case against them in consumer forum