ICICI Credit Card / credit card charged

India Review updated:
Hi,

Today to my dismay I received a SMS on my phone saying that my credit card was charged with 10,800/- INR, from a website called eseva.com. On calling the bank, they successfully blocked the card, after which the call center guys tell me to call up after 2 days to lodge a complaint on misuse of the card. The funny part is that the ICICI card was never used by me and had no previous transaction history, the only way that a person could have found the information required to make a transaction would have been through ICICI themselves. The ICICI bank employees themselves are running some sort of a scam that cheats people. Beware and dont get ICICI cards, if you owe one, cancel it.

I had a similar trouble earlier when the bank issued me 4 cards, when I had signed an application form for only one. According to their history they had two forms signed by me which was impossible. ICICI can be sued for forgery, fraud.

Regards,
Taj

Comments

Sh
  26th of Aug, 2008
This is to inform your good self that I Shabbir A. Alim is a holder of the above said credit card no. I am the ICICI bank customer since 2004 and I am a regular user of the card and I have been paying my outstanding on time to time basis.

Now I had by mistaken paid extra amount on the above said card by Rs.25, 000/- and as I have taken a loan from ICICI I had request to adjust the excess payment of my card to the loan installment account of the said month. When I had called your customer service and requested for the said adjustment she denied that such adjustment is not possible but she can issue me a draft for the excess payment made by me, In meantime I was talking to her phone my line got disconnected and I re-dial the customer service and I was been attended by other executive where she agreed to my request and did the needful as per my request to adjust the excess amount to my loan account. (SR-68187427 dt.2/6/08).

But as I had spoken to the earlier customer executive she had forwarded the cheque of Rs.25000/-. On the receipt of the same I had again called customer care executive and informed the detail and I was been informed that there was a mistake from the executive of ICICI Bank and they already given instruction for the Stop –Payment for the cheque issued to me for Rs.25, 000/- and I may cancel the cheque as the transaction requested by me was over.

But I was surprised to receive the statement of 16-07-2008 stating as Rs.25000/- previous balance and over above the same I am been charged late fee and interest for the amount not been used by me at all. I had called to your customer care executive (Mr.Mohit Kapoor on 30/07/2008 at 6.15pm) who made me to hold the telephone line almost more than 45minutes for just noting my complaint. Then I received a call from the customer care manager Mr.Jai Ganeshan stating that he has done the needful and now the record has been corrected. But sorry to say that I am been receiving the call from your payment collection department for the outstanding dues which I am not liable to pay a single penny.

ICICI Bank Logo ICICI Bank