Hyundai Motor America / unethical sales treatment and poor customer service response

1 Hyundai of Lufkin, 3101 S. Medford Drive, United States

I was driving from Shreveport to Houston with my Hyundai Santa Fe 2013 when the engine seized up. When a local tow truck took me to a local mechanic, the diagnosis was frozen ball-bearings. The cheapest option would be to get a used engine and replace at around 5, 000 dollars. Unable to afford this, and assuming the car was outside of warranty, I looked for what trade in value I could get with the option to buy a new car.

When I told Hyundai of Lufkin my situation, they first tried to sell me a brand new car and then a used one. After searching several dealerships, I bought a Mitsubishi outlander as the Hyundai seemed to have the best deal.

However, a day later I was informed my Hyundai Santa Fe (which was towed to the dealership) had a known engine issue with the bearings (a problem I described to the sales and then general manager) - and that there was a possibility my Santa Fe might could get a new engine. When the new engine was confirmed, I expected the dealership to extend the same courtesy as their parent company and take back the Mitsubishi, since they could have told me there was a possibility of my Santa Fe being fixed. However, not only would they not even talk about what price I might pay them to take the Mitsubishi back, they ignored me an put off both the calls of me and my family.

It turned out, months later, that the Mitsubishi had several recall items I was not told about and should have been fixed before they ever put it up for sale.in addition, the transmission blew out and I came to find out the brakes were already worn dangerously low after having the vehicle checked out on my own twice - but they would not take it back or discuss lemon laws.

Furthermore, the installation of the new engine on the Santa Fe was done incorrectly, and has cause the battery terminal to not tighten down all the way without a repair of significant cost.

Hyundai Motor America has had some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced as we tried to get help with some of these issues. Once you ate assigned a case number, (as I was [protected]) Their agents are not available to take calls - only make outgoing calls - so if you miss their one incoming call a week, it might be another entire week before you hear from them again.

My family and I will now be pursuing legal action, especially on the unaddressed recall issues... if Hyundai does not make it easier to deal with them on this issue.

Tr