Hutch / Fraud and cheating!

India Review updated:
I travel on business Internationally. I write this complaint from USA where I am on a business trip. I prescribed for International Roaming Services. The company asked me to pay Rs.2500 in order to activate my International Roaming. When I landed in New York, I found out that I could only receive calls from outside USA but, cannot dial a single number.

I contacted the Hutch Customer Care in Mumbai and they said that there is no problem from their side. I wasted talking to the customer care officer for over 15 minutes and during this time, they only kept telling me that everything is in order.

When I asked them why I was not able to contact my customers in France, UK and Netherlands, they only said that there was nothing they could do. As soon as I hung up with them, I received an SMS stating that my International Roaming Charges were Rs.2100 and that I should immediately pay this amount or the service will be terminated.

I say that this company, Hutch is a first grade cheat of its kind and should be banned to give mobile service in India. The customer care is hopeless and the entire service is just a pain in the ###. I think a complaint should be registered with the Police Station and a case should be filed against this company which is cheating Indians.

D  19th of Apr, 2008 by

My name is hukam singh.I had got a hutch postpaid connection from vodafone store.After actived the number, i got a massage, get email, wallpapers, ringtones, and chating free.That's why i used internet.But when i got my bill, i saw there is added internet charges, so i did not pay bill.After some time i received a call from a lawyer.He said to me that you would have to pay your bill amount.I told him all thing, which happened with me.My bill was almost 2600.00 Rs..Lawyer told me, you pay just 2000.00 Rs. then i would disconnect your number.then i paid 2000.00 Rs. and told him i have paid 2000.00 Rs..After some time i called to that lawyer and told him, have you disconnected my number.He told me, yes.But yesterday i got the bill again from vodafone.But my number was disconnected That's why i will not pay the bill.Pls tell me what is the proseccer to cencel the bill.My number was 9999200428