HutchFake promises! Worst service!

G

On 16 December 2006, i dialed 888 from my hutch number just to know what is the best deal for me today. the recorded tape said the following words..." recharge yourself with hutch Rs. 2000 "e-recharge", get 6 months validity and complete talktime. THE EXTRA TALKTIME GETS CREDITED WITHIN 48 HOURS".

From my dealer, i got this recharge done and in lieu of Rs. 2000 as talk time, i got Rs. 1581.90. I waited the next 48 hours for the balance amount (i.e Rs. 418.10) and to my shock i dint receive that amount even after a week. I tried calling hutch customer care every moment but it not reachable even today the 26th December 2006. My being a loyal customer of essar and then hutch from the past 5 years, i am still faking a dream that i will get that amount or at least a call from them.

Hope the company gets well soon. Stupid bunch of people shifting the tariff plans every now and then and then providing poorest service this month.

• Uo
    Uouker Jul 20, 2010

I have purchased hutch prepaid card on 24-01-2007.That day i got a message that if i recharge that day i will get some offers such that hutch to hutch 25ps nad local sms 5ps etc.But till now that offer is not activated.I called cutomer care somany time.they promised me it will activated within 2 hrs like that.This is simply deceiving customer and get the money.

surinder jeet singh Aug 04, 2009

sir, i am prepaid subscriber of hutch. i want this shoud work in usa. if not this is useless to get hutch subscribes.

• Ki
    Kisa Jun 18, 2009

A vodafone employee has assured a person to provide him the details within 5 days.

Is this the privacy vodafone providing ?
    Is this your service ?

• Ki
    Kisa Jun 18, 2009

Good Evening Sir/Ma'am,

My Vodafone (prepaid) sim is with my husband's name but i dont want him or anyone to get the call-details.
    If in any case its (details) needed, my permission should be made necessary.
    Please make sure that no employee could provide the details of my number to anyone.
    I expect privacy fromVodafone department and humble cooperation aswell.

Thankingyou
    A Vodafone user,
    Lucknow.

For more please contact me on : [email protected]
    your immediate reply will proove your attentiveness and care about your department.

Suren Jan 24, 2009

The same thing happened with me for 2 times. First time, I myself convinced that I might have done some mistakes and the caller tune was set. But still I was thinking that, how it is possible? I really didn't do anything. I told this to my friends also, they also told same thing that I might have done something.
    But, when same thing repeated with me 2nd time also, then I came to know that this may be their business strategy-----fraud business. It was around 8-9 AM and I was sleeping. My mobile was on the table. Then I got 3-4 messages continuously. When I saw those messages it was written that "the caller tune that I have selected is successfully activated and you are charged Rs. 30"------------what a ### message, how it is possible? I was sleeping and from last 10-12 hrs my mobile was on the table. If you call in vodafone service center they will tell that you have all these things. There is no fault in their system.

• Pk

recharge offer

suryaananthaprasad Feb 29, 2008

HARRASMENT threatening
    Dear Sir,
    im an employee of a private firm and worked for some time in bangalore branch and now working in other firm and in the previous firm i used a mobile [protected] for some days and for which company is responsible for bill payment and company got closed and the connection is on company name and now recovery agents are harrasing me AND THREATENING me to pay the company bill the no from which im getting is [protected]

Santosh Kumar Singh Nov 25, 2007

When I am calling to any number, it is not connecting first time. but hutch shows bill for that. For a call i have to dial three or four times and I m paying 3 to 4 times of a call. When I contacted customer care they are not responding. Hutch is now very bad service provider. can any one suggest me what to do. Should i go to Consumer Forum? I am facing this problem since last 3 months.

• Ra
    Ranjana Sehgal Nov 21, 2007

Hi,

This is Ranjana Sehgal. I am using Hutch services since the last 2-3 years. I always recharge my phone via internet using my bank account, everything went fine until day before yesterday when I tried to recharge my mobile using Rs. 400. An SMS came confirming the recharge but it didn't reflect the balance. Later on when I checked it was something around Rs. 50 which was really irritating. It was the middle of the night that I did this so I thought lets see maybe the recharge is being done in part, but till now nothing has happened. There is no such scheme that I found on inquiring, then why they deducted nearly Rs. 200 of talktime I really wondered... Be careful!

• Ni
    NILAY PAUL Oct 20, 2007

FOR DEACTIVATE YOUR CALLER TUNE, YOU HAVE TO SENT A
    MSG FROM UR HUTCH MOB TO 56789... AT FIRST YOU WOULD TYPE--DEACT CT,THEN SENT IT 56789.... AND UR CALLER TUNE WILL BE DEACTIVATE WITH IN 24 HRS.... THANKING ALL OF YOU

chandramohan Oct 06, 2007

i belongs to bihar
    so when ever i reached in under area of bihar that time i dont got coverege of hutch.so plese u prepare a hutch tower .i will provide my land for hutch tower.so u contact &prepare tower there.
    thanks
    chandra

dharamveer Oct 03, 2007

I have been using Hutch since 1 years but now a days i am bit worried because i couldn’t contact customer care. my outgoing is active but incoming is not active for this i have dailed a lot customer care. but no response received form other side . now i have to say you service is too bad. my num. [protected]

dharamveer Oct 03, 2007

I have been using Hutch since 1 years but now a days i am bit worried because i couldn’t contact customer care. now my outgoing is active but incoming is not active for this i have dailed a lot customer care. but no response received form other side . now i have to say you service is too bad

mariyam.auub bhai sarigat Sep 26, 2007

Hi i want to my last december call history.

• Ni
    nitin Sep 25, 2007

I m the customer of hutch 4 last 1 yr. They activate the caller tunes by themselves every time and deduct 30rs then i have send a msg again to hutch for its deactivation costing rs. 3i complained abt it many time but all in vain. The worst ever customer support is of hutch. The same thing happens 4 more than 5 times
    Even two times they have returned my money even but 4 the las three times its happening i got fed up frm hutch services.

• Pr
    pranab singh Sep 23, 2007

I took a new hutch connection on 18th sept. They closed my connection and stopped outgoing calls saying that my bill has been generated on 20th and I need to pay 500!! Even after much of pleading, they did not start my calls till now.

Very poor service!

Sunil Kumar Anand Sep 20, 2007

I have got call from the agent saying that I will get the additional sim with the 249 plan in additional to the plan if I will pay Rs.50 extra I will get STD with Rs 1 / min to any mobile or landline. But When called up the hutch customer care they are saying something different by different people. Miss. Deepti has to possible to enable Rs. 50 STD promopack, Mr. Shylender has to Rs.99 you will get the same value added service and now Miss Avitha has to pay Rs. 149 or go for 375 plan. So Hutch agents are not sure about the offer and the customers are getting cheated.

• Um
    Umarajesh Sep 17, 2007

Sir
    I need the details of the [protected] in this number i have the some address with location all r i want to know this sir
    Pls sir replay me

sandeep sinha Sep 16, 2007

I purchased Hutch connection from SUBHIKSHA in Shalimar Garden Extn-II, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad on 12.09.07. They did not submit my documents to Hutch and Hutch in turn has deactivated my incoming and outgoing CLIP service due to which i am facing problems. I appeal to all readers not to ever buy any products from Subhiksha.

Also, Subhiksha appoint people in their mobile store those kind of people who know nothing about mobiles.When i went to report about my CLIP Deactivation Subhiksha guys asked me what is a CLIP? I was Amazed!!!

Very poor, inconvenient customer service!!!

Sandeep Sinha

Dhruti Thakker Sep 16, 2007

This is with reference to my correspondence with Hutch Customer Care executives <Deepak and Karim> regarding the deactivation of my number [protected]. I have been holding this number for more than 4 years and now i am shifting to another network for personal reasons.

I have been speaking to the customer care since last 2 days and they have been not deactivating my number for reasons not known. Every time i was either kept on hold for more than 15 mins or i was given 10 new schemes and my request was not accepted.

Finally today just a day before my billing cycle i was told to visit the Hutch gallery to deactivate the card. It was very disappointing that i was not told initially of the process and now i feel it is not the right service to such a vintage customer.

Dhruti Kotecha.

manpreet Sep 15, 2007

Requested hutch people to deactivate mu hutch access and they confirmed me the same and also send me confirmation sms for the same, But to my surprise next month I got the SMS that Rs 199 has been deducted from your account. When i inquired the call center guy told me that it is not deactivated. This is black mail and unethical way these people are working.

Come on guys!

Sandeep Mancha Sep 13, 2007

I have had a similar experience. I'm being plagued by the Hutch Auto-dialler. It calls from the same number everyday... [protected] . If I don't receive the call I get a second and a third call until I press answer and listen to some obnoxious music streaming from my speaker.

The same thing happened yesterday, however, I was in an examination hall so I quickly received the call and cancelled it. Shortly thereafter I received an sms from hutchcare informing me that the Callertune I selected has been activated and Rs.30 has been deducted from my balance.

I call back customer care after finishing my exam and speak to one very rude hutch official. He tells me that I have chosen to activate the ###ing Callertune. I said no, I asked him to check my call records and my smses. Then he tells me that I received the telemarketting call from the autodialler and pressed a button thereby accepting the Callertune. I tell him that I never did anything of the sort and I ask him to check the call duration because it couldnt have been more that a second and hence its impossible for anyone to know whether they are selecting any such service. The man kept refusing and had a I don't give a damn attitude.

I called back again, spoke to a woman this time who was a lot more courteous and said she'd register my complaint. However, I received no complaint number after my call. I check my balance and notice that I have lost Rs.45 and not Rs.30. I call back customer care and they tell me that the song costs an additional Rs.15...and as usual there is some ### on the other side who couldn't be bothered about the customer's complaint.

I had no option but the refill my account since I had negative balance and felt quite handicapped. And now, Hutch refuses to let me send any sms to any number. I get a flashing warning "Check Operator Services" despite having a balance of Rs.43.68 and 248 free SMSes remaining from my promotional pack.

I would like to know whether it is possible to sue these ### and whether I have a case at all.

sameer suri Sep 12, 2007

Reading the mails below you can see how hutch took one month to enable roaming on my phone in Italy . The called executived even went ahead and told me that I am lying and I am not calling from Italy and I should get my problem resolved from Italy service providers and not from them .
    On being told of consumer court action , I was even told that I should go ahead and take any action found suitable in the most rude manner possible

Dear Mr. Suri,
    Thank you for your e-mail dated 06/06/07 regarding the International roaming on your Hutch number 989*********.
    We understand the inconvenience caused to you.
    We would like to confirm to you, that as per our records the International roaming service is activated for your Hutch number effective 02/06/07.
    We request you, to kindly provide us the error message you are receiving while making call and your alternatee contact number, so that our executive can call you and assist you accordingly.
    However, we have forwarded your concern to our Specialised Hutch Care team and getting the same checked.
    Looking forward to providing you with the best of our services at all times.
    In case you need further assistance, do call or e-mail us. We’ll do our best to assist you.
    Warm regards,
    Neha Sharma
    Hutch Care
    Contact numbers*
    Hutch Care : 111 or +91-[protected]
    (Toll free from Hutch phones within the home network)
    Fax number : +91-[protected]/[protected]

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:47 PM
    To: CARE (DEL)
    Subject: Re: International roaming on your Hutch number 989*********
    Dear Neha ,
    Thanks for the Information but I have been trying to make a call since 02/06/07 and I have selected TIM , Vodafone and Wind but I am unable to send any messages or make a call .
    regards
    Subject: International roaming on your Hutch number 989*********
    To: [email protected]
    > Dear Mr. Suri,
    > Thank you for your e-mail dated 04/06/07 regarding the International
    > roaming on your Hutch number 989*********.
    > We would like to confirm to you that, the Hutch International Roaming
    > facility is definitely activated, effective 02/06/07.
    > Subscription to "Hutch International Roaming" will allow you access in
    > over 100 countries across the world, including India, optional in case
    > of International Roaming.
    > With our Roaming services, you will experience the convenience of
    > uninterrupted connectivity on your Hutch number. You can now be in
    > touchwith your family, friends, and business associates, without
    > leavingbehind your itinerary.
    > Getting Started:
    > Once you reach your visited location, simply switch off and then
    > switchon your phone and wait for a while. Your handset may then ask
    > you to
    > select your network from the list of available networks. All you
    > need to
    > do is scroll through, to view the list of available networks
    > listed. The
    > same is mentioned in the attached Roaming Operator Information
    > Document.Select the network of your choice. Your handset will
    > display the name or
    > network code (e.g., 454-02 for Hutchison in Hong Kong) of the visited
    > network. You are then able to make and receive calls.
    > All Calls received will be routed via New Delhi. You will be
    > charged the
    > cost of forwarding the call from New Delhi to the city you are roaming
    > in.
    > Services offered:
    > You can avail off a host of Value Added Services while on roaming. You
    > can access your voice messages from your Hutch phone or even a fixed
    > line from anywhere in the world. You can also send "Global Text
    > Messages" while roaming in networks that support this service.
    > Billing:
    > Please find enclosed the Hutch Roaming Operator Information
    > document for
    > further details, Roaming Tariff applicable and local customer service
    > Help lines.
    > You may get to know the call charges of roaming by sending SMS as
    > "ROAMCOUNTRY NAME" to 200 (only in Delhi region).
    > To get more details on roaming you can certainly visit our website and
    > get the details on networks available and how to dial while on
    > roaming.
    > www.hutch.in <http://www.hutch.in/>
    > Wishing you a safe journey and a pleasant stay at Italy.
    > Looking forward to providing you with the best of our services at all
    > times.
    > In case you need further assistance, do call or e-mail us. We'll do
    > ourbest to assist you.
    > Warm regards,
    > Neha Sharma
    > Hutch Care
    > Contact numbers*
    > Hutch Care : 111 or +91-[protected]
    > (Toll free from Hutch phones within the home network)
    > Fax number : +91-[protected]/[protected]
    > Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 11:06 PM
    > To: CARE (DEL)
    > Subject: Re: Request for the activation of International roaming on
    > yourHutchnumber
    > My No. is 989********* .
    > Please enable roaming as I am in Italy now and facing lot of problem
    > because roaming is not enabled .
    > rgds
    > Hutchnumber
    > To: [email protected]
    > > Dear Mr. Suri,
    > >
    > > Thank you for your e-mail dated regarding the activation of
    > > International roaming on your Hutch number.
    > >
    > > On going through the details mentioned, it is noticed that there
    > is no
    > > mobile number mentioned in your email. We, therefore request you to
    > > kindly provide us with your Hutch mobile number at the earliest in
    > > orderto expedite your request.
    > > We also request you to kindly ensure that your Hutch number is
    > > mentionedin every correspondence sent to us. We assure you, that on
    > > receivingyour Hutch mobile number, your request will definitely be
    > > taken care of
    > > within 48 hours.
    > > We look forward to receiving your Hutch mobile number at the
    > earliest.
    > >
    > > In case you need further assistance, please do call or e-mail us.
    > > We'lldo our best to assist you.
    > > Warm regards,
    > > 'BlackBerry' as an SMS to 123 or email at [email protected] to
    > > know more.
    > > *DISCLAIMER*
    > > Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary
    > > to HUTCH and is intended for use only by the individual or entity
    > > to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
    > > privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
    > > law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may
    > > not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are
    > > not the intended recipient,an agent of the intended recipient or a
    > > person responsible for delivering the information to the named
    > > recipient,you are notified that any
    > > use,distribution,transmission,printing,copying or dissemination of
    > > this information in any way or in any manner is strictly
    > > prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,please
    > > delete this mail & notify us immediately at [email protected]
    > Hutch launches BlackBerry, a leading wireless solution. Send
    > 'BlackBerry' as an SMS to 123 or email at [email protected] to
    > know more.
    > *DISCLAIMER*
    > Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary
    > to HUTCH and is intended for use only by the individual or entity
    > to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
    > privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
    > law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may
    > not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are
    > not the intended recipient,an agent of the intended recipient or a
    > person responsible for delivering the information to the named
    > recipient,you are notified that any
    > use,distribution,transmission,printing,copying or dissemination of
    > this information in any way or in any manner is strictly
    > prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,please
    > delete this mail & notify us immediately at [email protected]

Hutch launches BlackBerry, a leading wireless solution. Send 'BlackBerry' as an SMS to 123 or email at [email protected] to know more.

*DISCLAIMER*
    Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to HUTCH and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient,an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient,you are notified that any use,distribution,transmission,printing,copying or dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,please delete this mail & notify us immediately at [email protected]

• Re
    revati yadav Sep 10, 2007

There are so many complaints against this HUTCH. but the question is----Is any action being taken against this HUTCH. How many more will be duped? Just imagine Rs.999 for life time and they end your life in six months at the most if I am not mistaken.

• Re
    revati yadav Sep 10, 2007

I am a resident of I.I.T.Kanpur. I am a retired person.there was a life time period prepaid scheme offered by HUTCH me being unable to move much, thought this would be the best scheme for me, with no botheration of running here and there to purchase card to recharge my mobile. But to my dismay, they have finished my validity while I am still alive. What is all this? Business means smart dealing no doubt but they should not cheat the customers.

Beware!

• Mu
    muthukumar.a Sep 06, 2007

Without my concern, voluntarily they are activating caller tunes (unknown) consecutively 2 months & deducting Rs-30/- per month. Seems to be new way of cheating the customers. Ridiculous, Atrocious approach towards customers!

• Vi
    Viren Saini Sep 05, 2007

This has happened with my 5 hutch numbers and they said that i have sent the request, which we never did. First they'll activate the caller tune and you'll get charged Rs. 30 for the whole month. As this was not enough, they'll charge you Rs. 3 for the deactivation of this service and there's no way that you can convince a Hutch care executive to deactivate it on your behalf in their system.

manjunath Sep 04, 2007

This is regarding the bad service received by Ms.Ankita, who hung up, Ms.Priya, who promised a call back and never bothered to call and Mr. Kushal, Team Lead, Emp ID: 249174, who is very rude and not customer friendly. This is a dissatisfied customer, who despite being not even a month old to Hutch has gone through so much of mess.

We have been promised by Ms. Anu, Pre-Sales that the new offer of Rs.349/- comes with 600 minutes of talktime with the bill for first month waived off, and 200 sms free per month. Based on the promise made by your Sales person we have gone for connections of [protected] and [protected]. To our surprise, we get calls from Hutch care that the terms do not stand valid as of now. They have revised our terms to 450 minutes talktime to GSM.

I placed the complaint with Hutchcare, I got a call from Ms. Ambika stating, the complaint is resolved and the tariff plan is changed to 600 minutes as promised, for [protected]. When the complaint is lodged for the same case for [protected], we are been told that, the tariff plan change is not possible and there is no person by name Ms.Ambika?? at Hutch care, whom I have spoken to, earlier yesterday.

The whole experience is bad and I strongly feel that, the customers are being taken for a ride, and false promises are made and terms dictated. The behavior of Hutch care executives has been highly unprofessional and I don’t see asto why anybody would want to trust you anymore for such ghastly service.

Chirag Shah Sep 04, 2007

Barely after having my new Sim card i had a call from the dealer that i should report to him as my sim has some problems. As was not in the town i could report by that week.So on 17th Aug they barred my no. On returning to the dealer he refused to help infect blamed for not coming and asked for 250 RS to start my card again ...

Hutch Sucks

Chirag Shah Sep 04, 2007

Barely after having my new Sim card i had a call from the dealer that i should report to him as my sim has some problems.As was not in the town i could report by that week.So on 17th Aug they barred my no.On returning to the dealer he refused to help infect blamed for not coming and asked for 250 RS to start my card again ...

[protected] is my number
    Hutch Sucks

manoj bani Aug 31, 2007

Yes I totally agree with this. whenever we call we have to hold for 10 -15 min always and it does get disconnected sometimes. They don't talk properly. I didn't opt for caller tune facility but this was forcibly put on me. Without informing me they deducted Rs. 30 from my account and even after complaining them that i don't want this facility they still did not deduct this facility and again forced me to pay Rs. 30 for next month saying this is monthly rental facility and we will discontinue this facility only after this month is over. When i already complained this to Ms. Nandini on 111 she told me they will refund this money, but this never happened on the contrary they still continued this facility. Again when i called 111 i spoke to Naim Akhtar he said u will have to continue till 20th sep 2007. Is this the way to care for the customers. Instead they should not have this dept.

• Aj
    Ajay Donode Aug 27, 2007

I bought a postpaid connection and i brought a big trouble in my hands. From first month of billing cycle, this is the 5 th month i have paid the bills through icici online account, and every time the billing department is saying they have not received amount, and every time i have to produce my bank statement by going to their HUTCH shop, this is their fault and i am facing problems, and no one is there to apologies.

• Pa
    pawan modi Aug 24, 2007

I should not call first of all this service as CUSTOMER CARE... Forget CARE, they don't even give a damn to Customers... On 24th-25th Aug 2007, I experienced the worst Customer Care service provided by Hutch in Gurgaon. I have been a Hutch Customer in Bangalore also. And where, I experience both the network service and the hutch customer service was just fine.

With this facts keeping in my mind only; when I shifted to Gurgaon, I took a HUTCH connection. The network service is so worst. I couldn't get signal in my flat. Addition to that customer service... Ohhh my god... The Customer Care no. 111 itself is not reachable, forget about other numbers. The worst scenario was on 24th Aug 2007, where I was refused a connection to 111 no. at least 100 times for entire morning(From 8 AM to 11 AM, even then i didn't get connection... :(. If somebody in urgency needs to contact customer care... Then I am sure he may end up in trauma before the call actually gets connected. Luck by chance. If he has given a connection to 111, then he must wait till eternity to reach up to customer care executive... That was also a scenario, I experienced today on 25th Aug 2007 where I got connected to 111 by chance, and I waited for 12 minutes for customer care executive to speak up. Initially HUTCH showed me some courtesy to make me listen to some music and a taped message saying "HUTCH Customer Care Service Executive will attain me in a short (?) while". After 10 minutes, tape also stopped and Music vanished... What the hell is this service...

• Pr
    pramod bhadang Aug 08, 2007

I have register complain that I unable to contact customer care customer care executives are blocking my service to connect customer care and there is another problem that I am not getting proper coverage in khaperkheda. I have been registering this complain since last 6 month but every time they lie with me, that your complain will be solve within 24 hour and they didn't solve my problem.

• Vi
    Vijay Aug 01, 2007

I'm using Hutch prepaid connection, without my knowledge the service provider deducted money from my account for activating the caller tune facility. I complained in the hutch care immediately still I'm not getting back that money and many people like me are being victims of this theft by hutch company.

Beware prepaid users!

• Bo
    Bobbie Howell Jul 30, 2007

I totally agree with the man above. I can not get customer service. Impossible to speak to a real person. Dissatisfied with the world point.

• Bo
    Bobbie Howell Jul 30, 2007

I have the same complaint. Unable to get a person to talk with about the world points. The email address that was given id not correct.

Anuj Pundir Jul 30, 2007

My call always get transferred into document verification department as all my verification of doc. have been done positive, still I am unable to make call in customer care department (From where I can get knowledge of new services). So many time i talk to the agent of verification department but they did not take any keen interest in solving my problem. I am complaining about this matter from last five -six month!!!

Beware!!!

• Ra
    Raosaheb Baban More Jul 27, 2007

I am prepaid customer of hutch. I have complaint in Hutch many times about the service which activated (India Vs ENGLAND Cricket Pack) in my mobile without informing me that causes my loss of 99 rupees.

Even if i don't have any balance in my mobile. I have complaint in Hutch Vashi office to ADNAM. He told me that we don't have detail information, we will get back to you in 24 hours, but still i could not get reply from hutch.

This is worst service i got from HUTCH INDIA and without knowing they have activated this service, this may cause loss of valuable time and money. Please try to keep away. Airtel and Reliance is the best service provider.

This may cause the loss of hutch customer.