Husqvarna / $6000 for nothing

1 United States

On September 3rd, 2010 I paid six thousand dollars for a Husqvarna Viking Designer Ruby Sewing/Embroidery machine. I took it home and sewed on it for 30 minutes and it quit functioning. I returned it to the store September 4th. Since it was a holiday weekend another machine was not ordered until September 7th. On September 13th a new machine came in to replace it, however, it was a much lesser model, not a DesignerRuby. The Regional Rep was contacted and another order placed and being sent the quickest way possible. Today is September 23rd. I contacted the main number from the Husqvarnaviking.com website and was told "Sorry, the DesignerRuby model is on backorder until the end of October." So apparently the recession is over if that many people can buy 6000.00 sewing machines that there isn't a SINGLE machine left in the U.S. to send me. The store I bought this from has been nothing but apologetic and nice, but I think I will get my money back and buy something other than a Viking Sewing machine. Apparently their quality is as poor as their customer service.

Je