Hughesnet / I can't believe I'm paying so much for such horrible service!

1 IN, United States Review updated:

I have now been on the phone for over 2 hours with several different people. All I want to do is get out of my horrible service with HughesNet! I have never been treated so poorly! Usually I'm a big pushover, so when I wasn't able to understand any of the technical support people, I felt like I shouldn't complain. Today I've finally complained, and have found out just how rude and unhelpful these people really are.
This internet system is slow, and often unavailable. It has cost me a fortune, and I would have to pay 500 bucks to get out of it. DSL is finally out my way, but unfortunately I'm stuck with these awful HughesNet people. I assume they make everything as difficult as possible on their customers so that we give up and feel like our only option is to continue with their service. I wish I could sue them for breach of contract to get out of it! Or participate in a class action suit of some sort. They bully decent people like me and take our hard earned money, and they should not get away with it.

Ma

Comments

• Ev
      3rd of Mar, 2008

I so agree!! I am now writing to the chicago address as I was told on the phone, Before ordering installation, that the installation would be 298.00 and I would Never have to speak with india like i did with charter communications when the installer came out i paid him 274.00 by check and was told that was the entire installation fee well hughes charged my credit card 457.00 for installation and that was in january. I have been able to use my computer 10 times since jan. 2 2008 today is march3 and when i call hughesnet i am told "you had installation and "my supervisor will tell you same thing so there is no problem okay maam." It's terrible that my husband who is in a wheelchair and a homebound disabled veteran cannot even use the internet that we have been and continue to be grossly overcharged for as the system never works!!and you are on hold for at least 30 minutes when you call them only to be told you don't have a problem, when obviously you do or you wouldn't be calling them and don't try to email on the rare occaisions you have internet access as you will just get an 800 error # and a message saying they are experiencing acceleration problems. Don't get hughes net you'll have better luck just driving to your local library even if it's a 50 mile drive believe me you will get there sooner than it will take you to get online at home!