Hughesnet / download limit!
I found out the hard way (running a very small business at home), that even with the professional plan, there is 425MB download limit per day on this service. THAT was never pointed out to me as part of "fair service usage". Once you hit that limit, your internet service "dies" for 24 hrs. There is no notice, no email, no warning, just degradation of service regardless. I phoned the support (scripted foreign nationals), and finally was transferred to Portland, OR, and then to a supervisor with the same script. They don't care, and there is nothing you can do about it. I have 5 months left on my contract... then goodbye HUGHESNET!!! I won't deal with a company that has no other options than to double your spending per month. I already bought everything, paid for installation and pay $60/month. This is ridiculous in a day/age when everything is "log on, on-line"... anyone with a solution, feel free to contact me. I don't have access to cable, or DSL where I live. Only way to reach HughesNet is really thru their corporate headquarters: Hughes Network Systems, LLC.
11717 Exploration Lane
Germantown, MD 20876 USA.
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - Unauthorized charge on card
- Hughesnet - Internet Provider
- Hughes Network Systems - I was lord too!
- Hughes Network Systems - service
- Hughesnet Internet - false advertising, god awful service