Huddle House / lack of service

1 Metropolis, IL, United States

On October 2, 2010 at approximately 4:30 pm our family (4) plus (6) other people went to the restuarant for an
early dinner. We arrived at the restaurant all about the same time. There were other people there. however there were
three(3) people working. A grill cook and two(2) waitress, The waitress took a drink order, sort of, she brought part of it
then we were told there was no coffee, we would have to wait, then she came back and attempted to take our order.
Other people in the restuarant starting leaving, they were finished with there dinner. After 30 minutes, we still didn't
have all our drinks, the cook and the waitress were standing at the check out talking with a friend of theirs. Did not
ask the other girl if she needed any help, that we could see. So after 30 minutes there were no tickets handing up
waiting to be prepared... Our party of (10) left, and told the waitress that we would pay for the drinks that she
brought us but to forget the food order. However, if it took over 30 minutes at this time just to get drinks, the ETA on food
preparation was unknown at this time.
I understand what it like to wait on customers, I have been a waitress at Red Lobster and Cracker Barrell, which is
much more fast paced then Huddle House...I also work at Lowes and I know what customer service is all about.. I am
manager over customer service. If we where to treat customers the way your employees treated us and there lack of
concern we would not have a job. I enjoy being able to go to a restuarant and sit down with my family and friend
we don't ask for much, just good service and food. for the prices that are charged. We frequently this restuarant on
a weekly basis and the customer service gets worse instead of better.