H&R Block / HRB Digital / unethical practice - h&r block

Wichita, KS, United States

On about 25 May 2017 I received a notice from the IRS stating there was an error on my 2015 taxes and that I owed $1600. ~I contacted the H&R office who had completed my taxes for that year and was put in contact with Cidenua Keith at the Westway office, Wichita KS. who would be handling the issue. Upon initial contact, she stated that I had not purchased "peace of mind" but it would be added and the fee would be waived, because it appeared to be their fault, but it needed to be looked into further. ~After 2 weeks of no contact, I was finally able to track her down (the day before my payment was due to the IRS). She met with me and kept referring to me making the payment, but admitted that the person who did my taxes was the one who made the mistake (information provided by myself on my W2 was entered incorrectly resulting in an overpayment to myself). I finally explained to her that I was a disabled, retired veteran of 25 years, currently unemployed and did not have the money to send them. She stated that she couldn't help me and the reason was due to the fact that I had not purchased "peace of mind". I could tell she was 'pulling at straws' but was not going to help me. I told her that I was going to file a complaint and she should notify her boss, and I left the office. ~I set up a payment plan with the IRS to pay them $100 / month, which I could only afford by making cuts elsewhere in my budget. ~This week I received a 'generic' letter from a claims manager and a check for $344 releasing me from further liability if I cashed it. I cashed it today because I need the money, I DO NOT RELEASE FURTHER OBLIGATION, and the amount of $1300 is still incurred by H&R Block for their mistake. ~I will not let this issue go! I do hope that this is not the normal practice of a business with such a long standing name. The lack of integrity, proper judgement and unethical practice I have experienced in dealing with these persons is amazing. If a resolve is not met within a timely manner, I will be forced to use every resource at my disposal to force H&R block to do the right thing. The amount of negative publicity generated from this storm will far out shadow the act of doing the right thing and $1600. Thank You. ~~Toney Turner - 5416 S. Gold - Wichita KS 67217

To