HP Rebates / it's almost impossible to get a rebate!

In October of 2006 HP had a rebate on HP LaserJet 4 in one Machines The rebate was for $350.00 US. We purchased 4 of these machines giving us a total rebate amount of $1400.00

I checked the status of my rebate in the internet site which they provide for you on their web site. The status shows the cheque had been mailed. It does not say what date. I called on Feb 15, 2007. Since the cheque had not arrived.

I was told that the cheque had been mailed out on Dec 5, 2006. They were to put a stop payment on the cheque and reissue a new one. Mar 7, 2007 I still had not received the cheque. So again I called And again I was told the cheque had been mailed. I told them I will call back each week until I received the cheque.

March 19, 2007 I received the cheque…

Comments

• De
      28th of Mar, 2007

I absolutely agree. In my case, I have been trying in vain to get two rebates, one on a laptop and one on a printer that was purchased back in November of 2006. I have both mailed the rebate information and faxed it but nothing is happening. The worst thing so far is that the last representative I spoke to claimed to have received the fax and that I should see the checks in two weeks (that was back on March 9, 2007 and it is now March 21, 2007). Since I saw no checks, I called again and this time they claim they have no record of my submittal (the fax confirmation page shows -success-) and that I was advised to resubmit it which is not true at all. One of the more interesting things to note is that I purchased the equipment -directly- from the HP Online Store. Of course, they don't talk to each other and they refuse to be of any help other than "resubmit your rebate materials". I am so dissatisfied with HP right now that I won't ever buy their equipment again. I suspect warranty service is pretty much the same.

• Dr
      9th of Apr, 2007

No comment on rebates. But they are sure not of any help on Recovery Disc. Pavillion t210d with WinXP Home. Was told it was obsolete and there was no support at all. Great, i thought i paid for their service.From where i come it is so easy to get a DIY pc. And i totally regret that i didnt get one.So much for a "branded" pc.

6th of Aug, 2007

HP is notorious for rebate fraud! I've been trying for five months to get them to honor an $80 rebate on their All-In-One printer / Laptop combo purchase. Would never have bought the printer without the rebate... salesman said it was "free." After spending hours with emails to HP and its President (what a joke!), I finally got a phone number for their Rebate Center in Minnesota ... 888-385-5410. Then the fun really began. First they said they had no record of my submission. Told them I was filing a complaint with the Attorney General. A few weeks thereafter, my submission was apparently found, however they didn't process it because it was allegedly postmarked more than 45 days after the purchase date. I personally mailed all the properly-completed paperwork and UPC box codes two days after the Laptop arrived, and well within the 45-day period from purchase date! I asked them to save my postmarked envelope for future proof to the AG of my timely submission. Was then told that they would process my rebate within six to eight weeks. I asked for a number to call to file a complaint about rebate fraud. Was given a phone number which answers in India. Totally useless! Have yet to receive my rebate. Never again will I do business with HP!!!

• It
      21st of Jan, 2016

Never ever buy a product from hp that has a mail in rebate!

• Wi
      3rd of Mar, 2016

As a purchasing agent, I recommended stocking up on ink for two companies. This way, each company would get 2 $50 gift cards with their qualifying purchases, that they could use as gifts for their clients.

Long story kinda short, after MANY unanswered inquiries about the delay in rebate and a letter to the HP president, I finally received a response and the gift cards were on their way. Unfortunately, one of the gift cards sent was the wrong one as advised on their rebate submittal update page. HP admits they sent the wrong one but refuse to send the correct one until I send the wrong one back. Also unfortunately, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE WRONG CARD!!! Still, they insist I return the wrong gift card. I CAN NOT RETURN WHAT I DO NOT HAVE! So, they delayed the initial issuance of the earned rewards, they sent the wrong reward and now refuse to correct the situation.

I will be out of pocket the cost of the gift card because I can not return to HP what I do not have in order to get them to send me the correct thing and because that is what is required for good customer service. You know, you tell a customer you're going to do something or they're going to get something and you make it happen. I told my client if they buy ink, they will get a rebate. They still expect their rebate and to keep them happy, I will make sure they get it.

Perhaps HP Rebate Customer Service should take a page out of my customer service handbook.