HP Pavilion w5160 IN / poor quality parts and harrased by company

India Review updated:
Sir/ma'am,

I hope someone even looks into this matter... I am writing here for the first time.. Hope I get appropiate help...

i got hp pavilion w5160 in two years back.. My pc has 3 years warranty.. (1 yr by company and 2 yrs extended - I paid for it)...

As soon as I got my new machine, after few months I found, one of the sound ports was not functioning correctly.. I called up hp customer care.. And they said we will hve to replace your entire mother board as we do not have any arrangement to repair just the audio port...

A man came and replaced the mother board.. All was working fine.. After sometime I formatted my pc.. And I found that, sound does not come on recording in my tv tuner card..

I called hp customer care and they again brought a mother board defective again this time also..
.. Is this the quality of hp parts ??

I have paid for the extended warranty and they behave as if they are doing me a great favour... They bring recycled parts everytime.. And 3 times it has turned out to be defective... I have lost faith on a company like hp and its parts..

I have suffered a lot profesionally due to hp and I want the company to compensate for it in terms of money atleast (They cant get me the time back) and also replace a new brand mother board for my pc.. No recycled parts this time.. Its all going above my head now.. Please help me..
My email id shravanminocha@gmail.com

Comments

Ra
  10th of Mar, 2008
I have purchased the C374TU 3 days back i aom facing real problem with sound and wireless all else is ok. Why Compaq is really into making customer a real fool so th at they can rub their ### around the HP. i am really fedup i have insattled each and every driver suggested by HP online chat as well as Zyxware forum and i have now atleast 5 different driver for sound i have driver each driver by formatting my notebook 5 times for each driver one time format and followed the step wise procedure given by online chat poeple on mail.

i'm wondering if you can help me figure out why i can still hear the audio from the speakers eventhough an earphone/headset is plugged in...
can someone help me disable the audio from the speaker when an earphone/headset is being used?
another thing, i'm not sure if there's a driver for the mic? because microphone is not working onlu speaker is working. and wireless always in yellow color after installing any driver
Please help me out i am really fedup of Hp Compaq notebook now really its really screwing up my life

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Overall Satisfaction Rating