HP / want a result

1 United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07723 177345

The complaints manager at HP UK is a nasty piece of work called Paulette Hughlock

She hides behind staff and will not speak to customers, but here email is: [email protected]

Ch
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Bi
      17th of Dec, 2009

I have a £1750 HP laptop in warranty with 3years accidental cover. I made a claim as it was accidentally damaged. I called up the South African/Zimbabwean call centre, the manager told me accidental cover is only where a part stops working internally. (This is rubbish see their Ts&Cs.) I now have no laptop and a £1750 hole in my pocket. I will fight this to the end of the Earth - I have already spoken to my lawyer. I need as many contacts for HP UK as possible (the higher up the corporate ladder the better). I will be sending them this link in my official complaint letter.

After researching HP and Customer Service it seems as if the consumer has been bullied for far too long. I am getting in touch with my journalist friends aswell. Lets fight this sort of thing people.

• As
      7th of Sep, 2010

I have the same problems with HP Pavillion DV9000. In USA this model was recalled however in UK they did nothing! i have spoken to HP and they refusse to repair it for Free. It looks like it HP has defective Motherboard design which causes mother boards/graphic cards to die soon it gets hot.

I am goin to open a claim againts them through MCOL i think other people should star to do this as if so many people does this it will prove that HP has not provided solution to a fault they caused from begining.

I thin we should create a blog or group online and join everyone we know that has this problem. we should strugle together in this campaing
    my email:[email protected]

7th of Jan, 2011

i got a compaq notebook, which hp have picked and fixwd 3 times and am still getting the same promlem,
    when i asked them i was happy with it and i wanted a replacement, they told me they cant do that, even doh it state it below, i have spent over 5 hours trying to tell them this but they are playing dum i need help can any give me advice plz

During the Limited Warranty Period, HP will, at its discretion, repair or replace any defective component. All
    component parts or hardware products removed under this Limited Warranty become the property of HP. In
    the unlikely event that your HP Hardware Product has recurring failures, HP, at its sole discretion, may elect
    to provide you with (a) a replacement unit of HP’s choosing that is the same or equivalent to your HP
    Hardware Product in performance or (b) to give you a refund of your purchase price or lease payments (less
    interest) instead of a replacement. This is your exclusive remedy for defective products.

• Vo
      31st of Jan, 2011

i had my touchsmart for 16 days before the motherboard went. it was collected from me by an incompetant courier 18 days ago. i have spent something in the region of a total of 5 hours on the phone to various [censor]s and monkeys during that 18 days, being lied to, laughed at, spoken to like an idiot, cut off - you name it, barring literally pissing on me they have ticked every single box of bad customer service and then some. and still they have no ETA on when this motherboard is coming in from some distant galaxy (it must be because it can't be earth). i'm throwing in the towel. as i've "owned" this thing now for just 34 days i am still within warranty for a total refund and therefore it is going back to the retailer. if i ever get it back...

• Mi
      3rd of Sep, 2007

Good luck with that! I have the same problem with the screen but now.. I sent it in for the 2nd time for repair (it has been 3 weeks) and they can't seem to find my laptop:) Or have a clue what I am talking about. I will never ever buy a HP anything again. I have spent at least 2 days a week for the last 3 weeks tied up on the phone getting the run around. It's ridiculous.

3rd of Jun, 2016

Happens to me every month with Compaq/HP products. Our company purchased the extra 3 years on-site. Don't ever do that! Put that money in the bank for replacing the equipment when it goes bad. I'm a computer Technician and (humbly) I know more than the phone tech folks reading from a playbook.

I do know this... They are not allowed to tell you what type of training or credentials they do or don't have. They are not allowed to tell you what country or even the roundabouts of where they are located. They will at times ask your to try some silly things (that I call them on all the time) that has no bearing on the symptoms if you really know computers stuff.
    They will ask you to try everything down to taking the computer apart down to the processor yourself before they will honor (onsite) and if that doesn't fix it they will ask you to try it again in a different order before replacing a part.

I had them sending HP person onsite finally once and called with my case number when they never came. They said they could not find my case number and wanted to start completely over. They will make you repair your own computer first and try to trick you into replacing the part for them if they are supposed to come onsite.

I have a laptop with an HP "known issue" without remedy that kept the computer from being using it's onboard network adapter and they could not fix it but they would not replace the laptop with a comparable model. Although my issue was reported before warranty expired and they said it's out of warranty now.

Recently, I had a bad fuser on a printer. Knew it was a bad fuser and the on-line tech refused to acknowledge the bad fuser. 3 hours later and I printed out my chat session my support session because it was so bad. I spent our companies own money replacing the warrantied part (yes, it was well under the copy count- I know it's considered a maintenance kit) I replaced the fuser with an identical fuser and it worked. They will not replace the bad fuser.

In fact, prior and at the time I replaced the fuser with that of an identical printer in the company-it worked. They wanted me to replace the old fuser and troubleshoot the printer with the broken fuser in it for 2 hours which I did and they still would not replace it. I asked... at what point will your company decide it is time to come out? After three hours. I could of paid for the thing with the amount of lost time based on the hours I spent on the phone.

They said as long as it takes... They do that until you give up or run out of time... :(

They also treat you like you are a liar. I had a failing hard drive that failed their on-site diagnostics and the phone rep want my to copy and paste the URL for the test I found. He later said those tests are not 100% when I expected to get a new replacement and ship them the failing.

HP/COMPAQ Support it is a SCAM!!! The book that a pure profit.

• Pe
      21st of Nov, 2008

i totally agree the customer service for HP is absolutly shocking... it might help if they could actually speak english

• Sc
      16th of Jan, 2008

Is it still under warranty? Why not get if fixed?

Did you see how much it would cost if not on warranty? That would be helpful to make a decision.

Pablo

• Gr
      26th of May, 2008

I too am having major problems with HP support. Found this page looking for a complaints number or desk or anyone that even appears to be able to help. My computer will not start only beeps when I power it on. I have been given the run around for a week now. Including being told twice they would call me back and dont. At the moment I have been told they have sent the replacement parts to an agent that I have personally spoken to and been told does not do their warranty work any longer. I could go on...

14th of Jun, 2008

check this out...called hp because my photosmart 2710 all in one began kicking me off line whenever hardwired to my hp pavilion notebook dv9610us...I called tech support only to be told that the printer was now out of warranty but for a cool $60.00 they could get me up and running...SCAM! consumer theft!

• Jm
      11th of Aug, 2008

I just sent in a compaq to be repaired under warranty, they said I abused the machine and wanted to charge me for an adapter which did not need replacing, I sent it in for an LCD screen which was not functioning. After talking to three different rewps I was told this is policy and it can not be changed.

• Fi
      23rd of Sep, 2008

HP's service is very poor and just an insult to a customer. For a broken hard drive, I've talked to 11 employees, sent 21 emails and still no solution was found, after all these weeks. I finally bought a new hard drive in the store and got my computer running in just a couple of moments again. The laptop was just 4 months old and NO SATISFACTORY SERVICE DELIVERED BY HP!!

I did recommend friends, relatives and colleagues to look out for a brand, other than HP or Compaq.

• Ga
      26th of Nov, 2014

Had I read this website & these reviews of HP years ago I would have never authorised our IT guys to use HP products.

Now that I have experienced HP's dire customer service I have issued instruction's to remove all HP equipment from my company with immediate effect.

I vote with my feet when treated so appallingly & don't hesitate to do so.

• Aj
      6th of Nov, 2008

not satisfy with any of ur service...minimum 10 - 20 call...to the service center...bt no 1 is responding..evertime ther tranfer the call...n ther is no service person to reply for the calls...
    its been 20 days i hav given my laptop to your service center in INDIA AT VIKAS BUILDING 1ST, FLOOR...1, DrU.N.BRAMCHARI ST(LOUDON ST)KOLKATA-16...for reparing on 17/10/08
    my token No.is 23639...bt pepople there are tooo buzy..they hav no time to reply to ther customer...I m realy fedup calling to the center...2o days hav passed i hav no reply from the service center...plzzzz look into the matter...

ajay bhalotia...

• Rk
      8th of Nov, 2008

The companies like Hp is doing so bad, which I never expected but I may say the company has to do something for after sale service otherwise they will loose havily.

• Al
      30th of Nov, 2008

Nice,

I'm going to send them an email right now. My DV9341eu notebook has just broken down for the 4th time in just over a year. All graphics related problems.

• Fi
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Do you know uptil now HP has not given me the rebate they promised to send I think about $50 I bought my lap top since February this year and uptil now they dont even talk about it.

Infact, I have gone through alot with this HP people. I wish them luck in this autocratic way of doing business.

• Wa
      25th of Dec, 2008

Called and was on the call for amost 2 hrs. Was transfered to another person and they told me a I had to give them a credit card number to send me a part when it is a brand new laptop out of box with a bad hard drive. I don't know who I was transfered to first of all and I have a service contract which I am paying for that they needed a credit card number for the exchange. Then the next thing I know I was disconnected from the call. Now I have to call back and wait for someone from Hp to answer the call again and see if we can have a conversation about what the problem is all over again. My question to them is why must I provide a credit card # to them when I'm already paying under HP credit card # already for the brand new product which I just opened up for a Christmas present and am just starting to pay on the product. This was through HP Service department

• Ca
      13th of Mar, 2009

Absolutely horrid service and I feel I have been ripped off...
    I bought an Compaq laptop at Christmas time...it never worked from the word go...I bought it from Wal-Mart where I went wrong was I waited until Christmas for it...it was bought in November...I took it back to Wal-Mart but they would not refund the money or exchange because it was over their allowed return time for electronics...I contacted Hp and they had me send it in for repair...they have had it over two months...everytime I call they give me a phoney ship date...I call and again and again given phoney ship dates...this time I lost it and ask them if they ever intend to send it back...they then said mail in the reciept and then they will send a refund...but it will take 3 weeks???? they said on the work order it was stamped shortage of parts and had no idea when they would ever recieve them and refused to replace the computer..I asked them why all the phoney ship dates...of course no one can say for sure!

21st of Jul, 2011

I have a HP laptop which has been repaired for faulty screen once and now the thing over heats and the vga output burnt my daughters legs through the over heating problem. its been 6 weeks now and HP have been soooo rude and i am appaulled at the way we have treated i am still awaiting a phone call from their legal department as their product is lethal i am seeking legal action against HP as my laptop is under warranty but they do not honour their warranties and obviously their products are a sham as my laptop is the biggest load of crap ever called a laptop. I was told by hp that my laptop should be place on a desk which is well ventilated as the machine is not for sitting on your ' LAP ' so why is it called a LAPTOP!!!
    I cannot see hp responding back to myself now as i sent photos of the burn mark on my daughters legs in the shape of their vga output port on the side of the laptop. Everyone should contact trading standards to have this company brought to account for its actions