Household Bank / Consumer, beware of Household Bank!

1 United States

When I opened above credit cards with Household Bank I also purchased their credit card insurance. I became disabled and after numerous attempts Household (self-insured) finally activated my disability claim. This was a devastating road, because the insurance claim department was always late in making the payments (same financial institution!!!). When my doctor declared me permanently disabled, the credit card insurance paid off the balance. However, the interest rate on my credit card went up from 17.9% to 29.0%! (due to the late payments the Household Bank credit card insurance department had made). I called Household Bank and spoke to a supervisor who agreed to decrease the interest rate to the original rate of 17.9% and advised me that a letter would follow-up. I received the letter apologizing for the error, because they felt that the interest rate would be indeed 29.0% instead! I closed both accounts with Household Bank! Talking about crooks! How can Household Bank do this? Their corporate office is in the State of Nevada and this may be the reason why their state laws are more flexible...

CONSUMER, BEWARE!!!