House Of Brides / horrible experience

1 Glen Ellen, CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered a dress from House of Brides' website on March 20th. When I ordered it they sent me an email saying it will have to be rush delivered for my wear date. I sent an email back asking what the process was. No one responded back to that email and I let it go because the 'wear date' I put was flexible so I didn't mind - the wedding was actually July 12 in Nigeria. The wear date I put was June 14th because my sister was supposed to travel and help me carry it for a friend to Nigeria. Now, this date like I said was flexible because she hadn't bought her ticket yet. Bear in mind I had placed an earlier order of 6 dresses order which I had no problem with. I received the first order of 6 bridesmaids dresses May 26th 2008. I waited 14 days for the second order, and didn't receive anything. I called their number [protected] and no one was available and I kept getting recordings. I then went on the website for a live chat and was consequently told that because authorization wasn't given for the rush they never ordered the dress from the designer!!! Imagine them keeping my money for 3 whole months and having a "processed" status on my order even though they knew they hadn't ordered the dress????? And no one bothered to tell me. Meanwhile the only solution for me was to get a refund. Forget that I had to explain to the bride that one of the dresses couldn't make it. So, they gave me an email joan AT houseofbrides.com to request my refund. I have emailed them 3 times in 3 weeks, called their number, and been waiting for a refund or even an acknowledgment of one and still no response.

I sent a complaint to the better business bureau and also sent emails to Fox and CBS in Chicago. I'm not going to stop there, I'm going down the list of TV stations and even Oprah! Just anybody who can shut them down. It's so ridiculous for them to think they can act this way and get away with it.

Va

Comments

• Gu
      28th of May, 2011

they are thieves

• Le
      29th of May, 2012

Sounds familiar. This Company is legendary for its incompetence. As far as I can see only bankruptcy will put the matter right. Hasten the day when The House of Brides no longer exists . Or perhaps it will be taken over by the good guys.
    So may broken promises, so many tears, so many disappointments. It's shameful. Let's hope the matter gets the attention of someone with the muscle and media coverage necessary to hold the Directors of this Company to account.