Hotwire / misrepresented hotel class
Be very careful - hotwire systematically misrepresents the star level of the hotels they sell. Today I booked what I thought was a 3 star hotel on hotwire for a one night stay. When the name of the hotel was revealed, I was shocked. Expedia, hotels.com, and tripadvisor all called it a 2.5 star hotel. When I called their customer service, I was told that orbitz.com called it a 3 star hotel, and therefore they were justified in calling it a 3 star hotel.
Hotwire is owned by expedia and hotels.com. But they do not accept their star ratings of their parent company as legitimate and selectively upgrade the ratings.
I until today had been a very frequent user of hotwire. Never again!!!
More Hotwire Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - dish tv
- Hotwire - no flight ticket refund.
- Hotwire - car rental 
- Hotwire.com - hotel booking - deceptive business practices, breach of agreement 
- Hotwire - overcharged airfare