Hotwirecar rental - [protected]/ marie iberico hotwire, inc.

Marie Iberico
Reservation: H6813592513

Hotwire, Inc.
655 Montgomery St, Ste 600
San Francisco, CA 94111-2627

I reserved a car online with Hotwire, Inc. on May 29, 2018, for June 8 - 10th, to be picked up in Philadelphia. On May 30th I had to cancel the reservation due to a cancellation of the meeting in Philadelphia. I was informed by Hotwire, Inc. on the phone that I could not cancel any of the days for any reason. I was not aware of your company's no cancellation policy since this is not the case with most car rental companies. I find it appalling that I will be charged $62.21 for a three-day rental that I will not use. I misunderstood the card was used just to hold the reservation.

Only 14 hours have passed since the reservation. The reason to cancel is out of my control, and I am sure Hotwire will rent that car to another customer. They will not lose the money. I find it appalling that the company is willing to charge for a rental I will not receive or use, now or in the future.

I believe an exception should be made in this instance since I needed to cancel 14 hours after reserving, eight days before the trip, and for reasons completely out of my control. In my experience, rental companies hold a credit card until the final charges come through after the car is returned.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you within the next two weeks and receiving a refund for $62.21

Sincerely,