Hotwire / booked, bait and switch

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

classic bait and switch, booked seeing pictures of hotels like comfort inn, best western, clariyon, holiday inn express thinking will get one of these;instead got a worst hotel that I have stayed before, cigarette smell, really stinking rooms. called to change, they said no go, went up to the manager still said no way.called again, spoke to a Dave-customer svs, he sounded like seriously trying to help but instead hung up by clicking the phone dead. NEVER AGAIN. will contact state attorney general with their deceptive practice and perhaps us consumer agency. there ought be to agency dealing with this.

Updated by Hari Iyer, Apr 19, 2017

by the way, leanrt that hotwire is a wholly owned subsidiary of expedia. expedia is listed on the stock exchange with barry diller as chairman.

Ha
Apr 18, 2017

Comments

Ed
  29th of May, 2017

NO! Do NOT use HOTWIRE here is proof: https:/…hotwirecom.html

Classic BAIT and SWITCH operation.

I am currently trying to cancel a booking an hour after making it due to the fact that it is in an unsafe area. I am traveling with my 8 year old daughter.

I was unable to verify the area as this was advertised as a HOT deal and the hotel that would be selected for me would be on par with the likes of the Marriot and the Hilton.

As soon as I could read the reviews I called them and asked them to move me, I was happy to book another hotel through them but I received generic replies and no one cares to listen.