Hotwire / non flexibility - poor customer service

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Hotwire was unwilling to cancel a car rental that was 15 minutes old! Even though I was honest about the booking mistake, they said had I given a different reason, and basically lied, I could have received refund.
Manager was unwilling to work with me, even though I was in process of trying to book hotel on the site as we were speaking.
Poor customer service, it was worth more to them to keep this one booking that attaining the rest of my business for a weeks worth of hotels.

Re

Comments

• Be
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I too had a bad experience last night on changing the departure time to an earlier date 3 days sooner and keeping the rest as is. This would have in turn given the hotel more business and Amsterdam city also would benifit as well as we would spend more money there by staying longer. They will not budge. The wrong date was entered in by mistake... You know who owns all this ? It goes back to Microspfts Bill Gates!!! follow the money!!! I will boycot now

• Be
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Bill Gates owns Hotwire if you follow the money like we did. I will now boycott all of his companyies. My booking date on Hotwire was wrong myshusband and I called them back 2 min after the error and they wouldn't budge. Due to this I will tell all never to use Hotwire as they lost business for Amsterdam and the Hotel. We will book a different agency and just not pay.. So my credit gets hit at this point and date in time does it matter? Not .. to me.. the whole country is going bankrupt and this kind of customer service will not survive. Hotwire will keep loosing money and laying people off due to bad custome service. They can shove their rules .. Not even our ex president and vice president obeyed the rules of this government. Get Real Hotwire. Better Customer service means more money for you.!!!

• Sp
      21st of Apr, 2011

I am dealing with the identical problem right now. Their site said my booking did not go through, so I went in and booked the second time. When I went to check my e-mail there were two bookings listed, the second with the wrong dates. Their system changed the dates. They refused to help me saying their system showed no error. I will never use Hotwire again!!!
    Does anyone know how to get in touch with Bill Gates?