Hotels.com / reservation

1 San Salvador El Salvador Columbia, United States

In July, I booked a room for the end of August in Manhattan. I inadvertently clicked on the wrong spot, and within 10 seconds I called the customer service number to tell them. The guy-Carlos in El Salvador-said he would cancel but I would get no refund. I said the law said I had so much time, and he said he did not have to abide by the law. I asked for the supervisor, he refused. I asked for a number in the U.S. so I can understand them; he said that was the only call center. They refused to cancel the reservation. I later found out the hotel was full, so they could have booked it. The person was hostile, rude, confrontational, and I had a lot of trouble understanding his accent. When I told him I wanted to talk to someone I could understand, he refused, said here was no one else, and he could take care of everything I needed. He kept saying he would be glad to cancel, but would not give a refund. I asked him if he was going to keep that money. No response.

I called the hotel directly to cancel, and they said that was not the way hotels.com worked, and they were not accommodating.

I decided to call the bankard and tell them the story, and have it removed from the card. They did. Hotels.com disputed it. In the dispute, they lied about everything--said there was no record of me asking to be refunded. They also said they talked to the hotel directly and the hotel said I stayed there. That was a lie. I sent proof that I was having my carpet professionally cleaned 1000 miles away to the Bankard Co (PNC.com)

The bankard believed hotels.com and put it back on the card. After 28 years and probably close to $1M in charges (charged 2 cars) over that time, I am cancelling them as well.

I understand that hotels.com has that kind of a reputation. Not only that, I found out it was even cheaper to go to the hotel directly and not through them. I am telling everyone I know what they did. The are connected with Expedia-which I will also never use.

Final Result:
Never use hotels.com
Never use Expedia
Never get a PNC credit card

Lr