Hotels.com / extremely low quality service and unprofessional staff members

1 shanghai, United States

I booked a hotel in London - Travelodge London Central Southwark (1635475) for my stay from 12/10-12/14 and received an email from hotels.com reservation service saying that the hotel is overbooked and that I can consider an alternative option (Central Park Hotel). According to the email that I have received the distance between the original property and the property that they have offered is "within 2 minutes by walking distance", which is not correct. (in fact the distance between the two properties were 24 minutes apart by CAR) I called today (November 4th Friday) to notify them that they have given me the wrong information and to see what other alternative choices that I have. During the process I have been put on a hold for more than 20 minutes without any pre-notification and got disconnected. When I called again Jeff received a call and when I told him about the situation, he hung up on me immediately. I called again and Irving received my call and was transferred again to the right department and given an alternative option with cheaper price. Angela, who assisted me during the process did not notify me about the price difference (the new alternative was cheaper than originally booked property) and insisted to confirm via phone while I was outside and could not check the details about the property that hotels.com given me as an alternative. One thing that they could do is apologize for the wrong information provided to me first of all, and about the attitude of hanging up on its customers, and not being flexible to meet the customer's circumstances, and not providing proper guidelines about the price differences and how this may affect my reservation.

Mi