Hotels.com / cancellation and charges to credit card after hotel booking was cancelled.
I booked a reservation for a hotel in NYC; I booked this reservation at the beginning of the year, and at the time of booking, the confirmation statement read, "you will be charged by the hotel at the time you check in or check out".
In July, I received notification from the property that they had been unsuccessful in obtaining funds from the credit card I used at the time of booking the reservation. In October, I received another notification and was advised that as a result, my hotel reservation had been canceled. I didn't pursue the matter because others in the party had changed their plans about traveling to NYC, so I left it alone.
On December 13, I looked at the credit card statement and was alarmed that I had been charged for a hotel reservation for which I had received a cancellation notification about. How is that possible?
More Hotels.com Complaints & Reviews
- Venere.com - Refuse to honor confirmation of booking 
- Book In Hotels.com - fraud 
- Hotels.com - no customer service 
- Hotelclub.com - Hotelclub.com uses the bait a switch scam 
- Hotels.com - scam and lies 
- Hotels.com - confirmation #153230254778
- Hotels.com - hotel cleanliness
- Hotels.com - customer service
- Hotels.com - cancellation of booking
- Hotels.com - refund for accidental charge