Hotels.com / cancellation

In August 2010 I made hotel reservations through hotels.com. Today I called to cancel them only to learn they were non-refundable. I was told this was on my e-mail confirmation. I went back and looked and sure enough it was there. However, I was NEVER told these were non-refundable while booking the reservations or I never would have done it. Being told something is non-refundable after you already paid for it is wrong and unethical. I spent over an hour on the phone tonight trying to speak to a supervisor with no success. I was once put on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up to call back and was disconnected twice due to no answer from a supervisor. I would not reccomend anyone using hotels.com.

Comments

• Da
      23rd of May, 2011

Hotels.com is a tricky website. I put in certain dates and during the search, the dates defaulted to the wrong dates. I immediately called the hotel which I booked. However, I failed to cancel within the 2 hour limit at the website. I am being charged for their mistake. They will not refund my $241. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the person argued with me and refused to give the phone to the supervisor. They are thieves!