Hotels.com / scam and lies
I am of European nationality and living in France. I have not been in the US for more than 10 years, nor do I plan to do so in the near future, and therefore I certainly won't make a hotelbooking in the US. So I was very much surprised to discover a charge on my credit card accounts from IAN Travel Services, dated 12-08-2008 for an amount of 1657, 36 in dollars, concerning a hotelbooking in the US. All my other charges are always in euro's, so I instantly presumed some form of of fraud. I called my credit card company and reported the charge as fradulent and immediately closed my account. Unfortunately, due to circumstances, there were more than 30 days past by, before I discovered the fraud, so I won't be compensated by the insurance of my credit card company.
The reason of filing my report is to make clear that, where it concerns Hotels.com - IAN Travel Services, you don't need to make an internet booking, in order to to be charged fraudulently and consumers should be aware that that this credit card fraud is a worlwide problem.
More Hotels.com Complaints & Reviews
- Venere.com - Refuse to honor confirmation of booking 
- Book In Hotels.com - fraud 
- Hotels.com - no customer service 
- Hotels.com - horrible hotel 
- Hotels.com - horrible service 
- Hotels.com - Customer Service and a Refund
- Hotels.com - Being charged when not staying there
- Hotels.com - confirmation number: 144077306474
- Hotels.com - missing hotel reservation
- Hotels.com - location of hotel not the same as advertised