Hostess Brands / ding dongs

1 Fair Lawn, NJ, United States Review updated:

My mother bought 3 packs of ding dongs at a local convenience store. When my daughter started to eat them, she said it tasted like soap. I said what can be bad it's cake and chocolate. She left it by me and walked away. I took a bite and immediately had to spit it out! Tasted like poison. I never tasted anything like this before!!! I threw them all out! What was that and how did it pass quality control?

Mo
Mar 13, 2018

Comments

• De
      3rd of Apr, 2018

Good Afternoon !
    Spotted a New Item at one of our local Meijer stores; WHITE FUDGE Hostess Ding Dongs (which by the way, is a much better name than the once used King Dons), and decided, I had to try them. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised on how well they tasted. All aspects of taste seemed to be very good, maybe even TOO good, as I am a mild diabetic, and should most likely only ate about one-third of one, which would be about 15 grams of Carbohydrates, acceptable for a snack. Unfortunately, I ended up eating TWO of them, and could have easily went for a third one. Bought another box, and gave it to my adult son, who does not like regular chocolate (sometimes I wonder if he really is my kid, or did someone switch him at birth) and he found these to be pretty good also. I did feel they were a little smaller than what I kind of remember, but, in the interest of better health for the American, and other people, they should most likely stay that size. I would suggest that you not change a thing with the production of these enjoyable snack cakes. Thanks again ! Keep up the good work.
    Greg Belinsky