Honda Financial Services / they are taking me to court for non-payment so they say

I got a new car from Honda 2005 I have been making payments I lost my job and made some payments late call them to find out how much I owed and they send me the letter stating what I owed even though I knew that the amount was more then what I owed I sent them the payment. They then sent me another bill stating that I was behind and that they wanted the car not the payments and that if I did not take the car to a dealership that they would put my son in jail for seven years for auto theft . While I was making payments they were calling my son and totally abusing him verbally, they belittled him in any way they could to see if they could push the right button to get me to return the car back. Unlike you I really did not use the car I left it in the garage because I knew that they just wanted to get the car. I then also filed a complaint with the consumer protection agency and asked them if they could put my son in jail. They told me it was a scare tactic and to continue to pay them so they had no reason to take the car. They have been sending some of my checks back and as it stands I am going to court 6/10/08 because they want to repo the car. They state that I am 442.95 behind and they have sent me checks totalling about 3, 500.00 so far in cks that I have not cashed yet. They are charging me for their stupid private detective and esq. fees according to them. What you all should do is file complaints with the consumer protection agency, and the better business b nothing else will work with this company. They are trying to treat their car loans like mortgages. They have lost their minds. What could the incentive be? I don't get it.

Va

Comments

• Th
      16th of Nov, 2009

Why are 99.9% of the complaints against Honda Financial Services from people who were past due and failed to make payments in a timely fashion? Just out of curiousity, when you go to the supermarket, do they allow you to load up a couple carts of food, leave, and then make partial payments on the groceries you took? Didn't think so.

• Fe
      8th of Feb, 2010

You have two choices: 1) putting food on the table and paying rent or 2) helping Honda Financial Services stay in business

I choose number #2, and thats why I am eating only 2 meals a day and going through the worse time of my life. But, I love Honda so much I don't want the "fat cats" to go broke

But if you value your life more than I do, than take step number 1. Stop paying the fat cats and put food on your table, pay your rent, take care of your family. The Honda people dont give a ### that the economy is in shambles, they want to stay "in business"

If you do step number 1, than please do go to a lawyer (some charge $700 for bankruptcy) and declare bankruptcy. This should wipe away all your debt with Honda. But don't feel sorry for the "fat cats" they are TOO BIG to fail. Trust me, the US government loves Honda also, and they will probably pay your debt with other American tax payer money, just like they did with Lehman Bros, Bank of America, Washington Mutual, and all the other "fat cats"

Lets continue to make the "fat cats" rich!

yea! the american dream!

• Me
      29th of Jan, 2013

I was not past due and turned in my car 2 months early. I paid the last two months the 20 something mile worth of overages and bought a new car. Now they want around $800 for repairs because the repairs total over $500 even though I have up to $1500 to be used in my contract for repairs. Their customer service is horrible and they never call you back and are just plain rude! One of the "Managers", Chris S told me they actually do not repair the cars just charge us for the repairs and then auction the cars off after turn in! Honda Financial is a scam!