Honda City / Retraction of sales offer

Hempstead Ave., Levittown, NYLevittown, NY, United States
Phone: 516-735-8900
Recently, I put down $100.00 deposit for purchase of a 2006 Honda Civic. I had decided not to take the car and when I went back to retrieve my deposit, they offered me a further $1, 000. off the cost of the car. I returned home and told my husband, who said "buy the car" we need it for our daughter. I called back on Dec. 31, 2008 at 3:30 p.m. I was told that the originally salesman who had sold me the car was out and I had to wait till January 1st to call him when he came in at 11:00 a.m. I had asked what I had to do to get the car at this $1, 000. off and was willing to drive there (even in a snow storm) to get the car. They said don't worry, no one was going to buy the car and to call back in the morning when they opened. I ddi as told and called at 11:00 a.m. to speak with that originally dealer. I was then told that the offer was off as it was now 2009 and they made their numbers. NO ONE said anything about them making "numbers" when the $1, 000. off offer was made. I further reminded that I did nake the offer in 2008, however, they were very curt as though they didn't care whether this car sold or not. I had gone through this whole process of buying a car on my own just to prove that I wouldn't be "ripped off" as many women are only to find out that used car salesmen are really "sleazy". Now, I have to restart the whole process as my daughter needs this car to start school in about a week. I am writing this letter to show the world that as a cancer survivor I have conquered cancer but hove not conquered the case of the sleazy used car dealer.