Honda Cars of Katy / Selling used cars as new?

1 21001 Katy Freeway,Katy, TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased an Accord from this dealership in June. I was told that Honda had coordinated with XM radio and that there would be 3 months of free XM service as a promotion with purchase. A month and a half after I bought the car, the XM shut off. I called the dealership but they could not explain why. At the beginning of October my wife looked into purchasing a subscription package for the car's unique radio ID. In the course of doing this she uncovered that another individual was registered with this radio ID for the 90 day free trial and could see her information online (name, address, phone, etc.). My wife spoke with XM about this on the phone and learned this other person had the 3 months trial activated for that unique ID sometime in May, 6 weeks or so before we bought the car. We've been trying to work with the dealer to determine what happened. Had someone else bought it and returned it? I have previously been the victim of identity theft and this left me feeling uneasy. After several separate communications the dealership verbally assured me over the phone that they had documentation showing that the car and the radio ID had not previously belonged to someone else. They also promised to provide me that documentation but have yet to deliver on that promise. Phone calls and emails yield further promises from them that they will send me by the "end of the day" the requested proof that my car was not previously sold and returned. They've made this promise to me several times now but have not done so. I have not heard from them in over a week and they refuse to respond to any further emails. What I view as their purposeful failure to provide me with the promised proof that the car was indeed "new" leaves me now not only concerned that I may have been defrauded by this dealer by them selling me a used car as "new", but I am still at risk for my personal information being publicly exposed.

Va

Comments

• Je
      24th of Nov, 2008

Dealing with the XM company has been absolutely awful!! They charged us additional charges because we paid "too early" for our year subscription...sounds like false advertising to me!! Not only that, but the 2 "ladies" we spoke with were EXTREME RUDE (XR)!!! I can't believe a company like Honda would let their customers be treated like that. This has been soooo disappointing. I sincerely hope that Honda will look into the problems with XM and perhaps change to another music system...one that treats Honda customers the way Honda treats us...with respect and intelligence.