Home Advisors / Unfair Business Practices

1 United States

I have been a client of Home Advisors for quite some time, and received many leads from them, some good, some bad. I have some crazy stories from the places they have sent me after I paid for a lead to bid for work, including a drug addict single mom offering me sexual favors in exchange for work. I still had to pay for that lead.
Today really frustrated me though. I received at least 10 leads today for small jobs, which I paid for as I received the lead. I then contacted each homeowner to see when I could schedule a time to look at the work and give them a bid. One of the customers told me she had received 25 calls today from other construction workers, and she never even requested the work.
Apparently she saw some link on facebook for a free gift, being offered by Home Advisors, but never asking for anyone to perform any work at her home. I chatted online with someone from their customer service dept. and was told they were not able to refund the money since they received a request for work and I accepted the job. I told them the hole facebook thing, but they wouldn't budge. I am now waiting for a manager to respond, but if this is not refunded I will never work with them again.
As far as I am concerned it is fraud, and very deceptive to the customer, who never wanted to be a customer.

Li