Holsted Jewelers / Scam charges

United States Review updated:

Holsted Jewelers has been in business since 1971 and has served hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. We would only bill a credit card given to us by a customer with an order. Our marketing efforts ask for a credit card to be entered, and our copy states that when the order ships, the credit card entered will be billed. When the jewelry item is sent, the accompanying customer service card clearly gives the customer instructions to cancel out of the program with absolutely no further obligation. I am sorry that your experience was a bad one- it sounds as if somebody got a hold of your credit card number. If you have any future issues, Holsted's customer service number is [protected].

Carolyn Kraft, Sr. Vice President of Marketing, Holsted Jewelers

Comments

• Pu
      Jun 15, 2009

On 05/27/2009, I recieved an unauthorized charge on my credit card listed from Hom Holsted jewelry. I did not order any thing from this company, and certainly nothing worth $46.98. I want the charge dismissed immediately and I want my 46.98 returned! thank you

Aug 06, 2009
    Best Best Advice
    Holsted Jewelers - Unauthorized charge to credit card
    person
    Tennessee

This company made charges to my credit card and I don't know how they got the information. When I called they claim that someone had ordered from them using my information. Cards will be cancel today.

• Gr
      Feb 04, 2010

Carolyn Kraft, maybe you should include your direct line if you're going to argue your point. I recieved a watch my husband bought for me from Holstead and it was missing a diamond, the wrong color, and also had a hinge in the back which was not shown in the picture on the site. I called your customer service number and spoke with Laura. She told me someone from UPS would pick up the watch within 7 business days. I waited, and left that watch on the front porch even in a rain storm, but noone came to get it. I called back... spoke with Laura again. She told me she'd contact the company for another ticket to pick up the watch. 4 days later, I contacted her again and she told me she wasnt able to get in touch with the manufacterer. I asked repeatedly to speak with a supervisor or manager because I didnt want to leave the watch outside. She told me no supervisors were on duty after 5pm. A couple days later we got a call saying a UPS guy would pick up the watch in 3-5 days. Noone showed again! I wrote to your "customer service" department and requested a call back. Someone should be going over and above to assist me at this point! Noone even wrote back in the 48 hour time frame it says it takes on the website. I called again... this time I spoke with Jeana. After I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor she transferred me to Laura! I asked if Laura was a supervisor. "Yes" she claimed. Interesting, she must have been promoted in the past month. So I'm getting the same run around again... Laura will contact the manufacterer to pick up the item (in 7 days). You're company is such a scam. If you really cared to assist your customers you would have an easily accessible return slip inside the box that was shipped with the original item. Don't give us all some crap about how you guys aren't shady and don't do any wrong. I fully intend to tell everyone I know and don't know, on all the websites I can find, about my terrible experience with your company. As we speak, I still have the crappy watch that cost over $100... it's February and my birthday is coming up. This watch was ordered mid December for my christmas gift. Thanks ALOT!!!

• El
      Feb 15, 2010

i worked with holsted jewelers before, and i had no idea that there's such complaint over the jeweleries we sell on line, though i could assure you that only people who has the postcards we send are entitled to make orders with their consents, we don't really put orders unless the customers calls and says so. maybe, and i guess that its the agents fault that's why their are unintentional charges on your credit card.

• Be
      Apr 16, 2010

How stupid could you be Elie? You know darn well that you guys have a separate line for people to call when they are upset about the jewelery you send them.

Jul 12, 2010

Carolyn Kraft, Sr. Vice President of Marketing, Holsted Jewelers -------> Are you serious? I never ordered anything from your company, and I've never ordered jewelry period but I noticed some strange charges on my credit card, I called my CC company immediately and not long after recieved a package in the mail and I sent it back ASAP and what do you know not even a month later your company tried the same SCAM again:( I've warned everyone I know about your company:) Shame on you:( Anita

• Je
      Aug 20, 2010

I am very upset with this company. We received a letter in the mail from our credit card company saying my husband was such a valued customer that he was able to get 3 free rings, just pay the shipping and handling. So he asked me which 3 I wanted. I picked them out and he called them. The person he talked to also tryed selling him more jewelery! He repeatedly told them he wasnt interested in anything else! Then of course he gave them our debit card number for the shipping. All the while telling them he DID NOT want anything else! We got the rings, I wore one in particular for about 4 days until it started turning a brownish color on the bottom of the ring! I remember thinking, "good thing these were free!" About a month later we received 3 more packages in the mail. Earrings! I then checked our bank account and they charged us $46.98 for each set of earrings! My husband NEVER gave them permission to send us more jewlery let alone charge our bank account! Isnt that illegal? Still trying to figure out how all this happened. Im sending back the earrings and they WILL give us our money back! I will never buy from Holsted Jewelers and neither will my family and friends!

• Kr
      Jan 06, 2017

@Jennchekal It wasn't illegal because the catch was it was an auto enroll they send you the merchandise and charge your card if you don't want the earrings say so and you can return them or once your husband and you received the rings you should have them to c cancel your auto enroll

Oct 14, 2010

any jewelry that is "luxeriously gold plated" is junk and crap period

Oct 14, 2010

holested jewelers is a scam similer to merlite jewelry which went out of business
    none of the jewelry sold is real, and it is highly over priced garbage

• Co
      Dec 20, 2010

My wife accepted a "Free...No Obligation" offer from Holsted Jewelers for three small pearl rings. Since then, she has been sent unwanted and unordered jewelery totaling over $300.00. A complaint to the company did not provide any positive results. They will not provide a return label nor even acknowledge a formal request to stop sending their stuff. Letters have been sent to the local Better Business Bureau and to the Ohio Attorney General's office along with a letter to the credit card company to which these charges have been made. The charges do not indicate any sort of item number, item description nor any information on what it could possible be. In other words, they are adding charges to the credit card for items which you know nothing about, nor are you able to determine what it is!!! This company is nothing but a scam.

Dec 21, 2010

IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND UNORDERED MERCHANDISE AND BILL FOR IT.
    REPORT TO POST OFFICE ATTENTION POST MASTER GENERAL
    SUPPLY MERCHANDISE, PACKAGING, PROOF OF BILLING CHARGES.
    THIS WILL RESULT IN FEDERAL LEGAL ACTIONS TAKEN AGAINST HALSTEAD BY POSTMASTER. ALSO YOU ARE ALLOWED TO KEEP MERCHANDISE FOR FREE AND ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO RETURN IT SINCE YOU NEVER ORDERED IT. CHECK WITH POST OFFICE FOR THE RULE OF LAW FOR DETAILS ASK FOR SUPERVISOR.
    ALSO SEE SITE FTC.GOV FOR ADITIONAL ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN AND CHANGE CREDIT CARD NUMBER ASAP BY CALLING CREDIT CARD COMPANY REQUESTING CANCELLATION OF AND REPLACEMENT OF CREDIT CARD NUMBER.

Dec 21, 2010

halstead jewelers is not real quality jewelry and will oxidise and turn your fingers green. it is mass produced in china. the base metal is injection molded garbage metal which is then electroplated in a water solution containing small amounts of 24k gold. fake worthless stones with fancy names may be added at this point.
    the gold is just a very very thin surface coating which will rapidly wear off the surface exposing the real metal which may contain toxic cromium. do not wear this product. PLEASE DISPOSE OF QUICKLY ACCORDING TO YOUR MUNICIPALITYS TOXIC SUBSTANCE DISPOSAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN TO AVOID CROMIUM POISONING. if you want a deal on real jewelry at less than retail, try visiting a pawn shop in your area. all jewelry in a good pawn shop has been highly repolished on a jewelers wheel to like new condition and was carefully tested with electronic hand held diamond testers followed by diamond grading. the gold also tested for carot using a non invasive acid test proceedure. all jewelry is verified as real or not purchased when taken in..the entire test/grading process is 2-4 minutes.

Dec 21, 2010

10 k GF =GOLD FILLED IS IT REALLY BETTER THAN ELECTROPLATE...
    GOLD FILLED IS ANOTHER TERM TO MISLEAD THE CONSUMER
    what does gold filled mean? it means basically if you want to make gold filled jewelry.
    you take a large heated bucket of molten non gold metal and add a hand full of real gold.
    if you want 10k GF the handfull of added gold is 10k (485) 10 k gold is 48.5 percent total gold content. the higher the K AS IN 14K/18K ECT is just a higher gold content with 24k being 100 percent gold. however even 24k GF(gold filled) is just that. a hand full of 24k gold added to and mixed into a large bucket of non-gold metal..each GF ring is generally purchased by the jewelry seller for one dollar each and resold as high as 80.00. be careful..only buy gold rings with no letters after the 10k/14k/marking.then you know that it is in fact real jewelry...still not sure get it tested for a buck at your local pawn shop..

• M3
      Dec 23, 2010

I never received my package of a ring and they charged me for it and now they charged me for some earings to that I didn't even order and I told the gentle man who helped me that I was not intrested in the trial just in the ring that I wanted to get and he said he marked that I didn't want the trial so now Im being charged for both items and have nothing to show for so how can I cancel this plus my card that I gave him only had funds for the ring not the other items and now my card is over the limit and its are your falt and I sure contact you and let you know whats goiing on wow!!! I can't believe you guys don't take good directions..after your told that NOOO! man know I don't want anything from this company that didn't listen correctly..Can someone please help!!! I tried contacting them and there gone for the Holidays how can this have happen only if the customer service person where to listen more clear to the customer this wouldn't happen. So now I'm going to have to wait to see what happens...did I mention this was since 12/13 they sure took my money but I didn't get the product thats crazy! I must say thats bad for the Company..

• Zo
      Dec 27, 2010

I also just found charges to my debit card for an item I did not order. When I called the 800# I was told "yes" they received my cancellation notice, but this new order was already processed...and too late to stop shipment, so now they have my $50+ dollars and I have to wait to receive this item and then wait for them to get it back to get my $50+ back (should I be that lucky) Yes, this is a SCAM. The "free" rings I got are 1st class CRAP. I would be ashamed to wear them. Be very wary of these "free" deals. I'm sure we all know better, but every once in awhile we forget.

Dec 29, 2010

I also got a postcard in the mail and when I called to see what it was I was getting I said ok send the rings. Then I told the salesperson that I did not want any future mailings when he tried to sell me on other items. He said alright. A month later my account was charged $56.98 and I received a set of earrings. I called and complained and was told to mail them back and my account would be credited. I was to mail them back at my expense. I told her I cancelled out the first time and they sent the order anyway so I am not paying to have them sent back. I was told I should have sent a postcard back and I said if I was supposed to do that the salesperson should have told me that. All he said was okay I have cancelled you out. I wanted to talk to a supervisor. She said to hold on her supervisor was on another call. Two minutes later she gto on and said they would credit my account. I asked how to send the earrings back and she said to keep them. I said I did not want them so she said give them to a friend. Now I will have to monitor my account for a couple of months to make sure a credit is given. I surely hope I do not have to cancel my credit card number and have a new one issued. Then again I think I will because of all the complaints I have read about Holsted!

• Re
      Jan 06, 2011

I accepted the 3 free rings back in october ... never came and I forgot about it... then in december I noticed that they've been charging me over 200 in one month, for items I NEVER received. turns out they've been charging me this since october - I have my card set up for auto-pay and I just didn't notice in the hustle of the christmas period... I called and cancelled whatever subscription they had me on on 12/31, 1/3 the refunded me 107 dollars - boy big help THEN charged me AGAIN over a 100 for another 'shipment'. they say that I'll for sure get these shipments - sure, yeah right... saying that I can return them when I get them... I've never gotten anything from them EVER - hard to return items you don't GET!!! best of all, at the end - they offered me MORE items to pay for ... I couldn't believe it!

This company has been around since the 70s? how did they survive on scamming people this way? this is horrendous...

• De
      Jan 11, 2011

i also received earrings that i did not order. when i placed my free order i told the foreign girl that i did not want to be on a mailing list nor did i want anything sent to me. well today i get a pair of earrings that i did not order with them telling me that they would charge my credit card 49.95 plus 6.95 shipping. bull. i did not ask for this and i will not pay. this is a scam and i will not be a part of it. i already have my attoney on this and i guarentee that it will be taken care of. these people are [censor] and they will pay. denise bethke you better not charge my account.

• At
      Jan 24, 2011

Sounds like I got scammed like everyone else here...My husband presented me with a card, asking me to pick which of two rings I wanted for $6.99/S & H. I asked for them both. Got them. THEN we noticed the VERY fine print that said to notify them within 10 days or get more crap shipments for almost $60.00 each. I called on 1.17.11-told Cindy I didn't want their stuff, and they were no longer authorized to take any funds from my acct. She said she cancelled the who show. On 1.22.11 my card was declined in the grocery store. I found an 'unusual activity' notice from my bank when I got home. I got charged for two more of their crap items. I called 1.24.11, spoke with Raeanne, who said they were 'trying to stop the shipments, and that I would have my refund within 7-10 days. I told her she must have mis-understood...then asked to speak with a supervisor...I got Suzette...same excuses. I told her I would file a complaint with the Postmaster General which would result in federal action against them! After I got off the phone, I called my bank to report unauthorized use of my account, by the time a fraud investigator got on the phone, after my initial complaint had been triaged, the investigator told me the funds had been reversed. THREATENING THEM WITH FEDERAL ACTION IS APPARENTLY THE ONLY THING THAT GETS THROUGH THEIR THICK HEADS!

Jan 29, 2011

My 85-year-old mother, a regular Blair customer, received a mailing from Blair telling her that, because she is such a good customer, they wanted to send her a free gift. All she had to do was tell them her ring size, which she did.

What she didn't realize was that she was enrolled in a junk jewelry subscription service that she has been unable to terminate. Her Mastercard, which she did not provide with the ring size (but Blair has on file) is charged large amounts for worthless tin and plastic jewelry.

Blair won't take responsibility; they blame Holsted Jewelry or HOM Diamond. Holsted is a partner of Blair and must have received my mother's Mastercard number from them.

How do we get out of this?

Jan 29, 2011

What an amazing collusion Blair and Holstead Jewelry have going! Blair claims to know nothing about this, even though they do partner with Holstead on many jewelry offerings. Holstead sends mailings 100% in the name of Blair without ever mentioning any other company's name. The mailings use Blair's logo, look, return address, etc. Blair will not help. Holstead will not even respond.

• Da
      Jan 31, 2011

i am a victim of the Holsted Jewelers scam via Gevalia...i'm out $56.98...what to do to get my money back??...you would think Gevalia would not have been a part of this...what a rip-off...

• Rg
      Feb 04, 2011

Several months ago I received a letter from the north american fishing club promising a gift of 2 rings for my wife. I called the number on the card and got the hard sell for additional jewelry with the woman constantly trying to get me to buy additional stuff. I told her just to two rings. When I got the two free rings, I check marked the box in each reply notice canceling the program, At any rate it appeared that I was free and clear since I got letter from my fishing club that no more merchandise would be sent to me. Last month I got another letter from my fishing club promoting holsted jewelers. All I had to do was reply to the offer to accept another free ring. I did nothing. Recently holsted jewelers charged my credit card over $56 for earrings which I did not order. I just sent the earrings back checking the box that says cancel the program. Anyone know what I should do if this problem continues? Should I call my credit card company to have holdsted jewelers blocked or cancel my current card to exchange for another one? Whatever you do do not reply to any offers for two free rings.

• Sp
      Feb 07, 2011

All of the above happened to me.
    I feel for the free ring scam, all the while telling me that I would not be enrolled in anything.
    Much to my surprise there was a charge of 56.98 on my checking account. When I called to tell them I had not ordered anything, I was informed that I had been enrolled, all the while I was telling them that they person I contacted told me that I required to cancel within 30 days. I exlained that I was told I wouldn't be enrolled...well, this little catch 22 could go on for pages.
    I finally got the unordered package, sent it back unopened. After a month I still hadn't recieved a credit. I called they told me it would take two bulling cycles.

When I finally did get my credit it was for only 49.00 instead of the 56.98. I called and they told me that I was was told that shipping and handling was not refundable. I explained that I didn't order it, and that I wanted my money back, I was told again it was not refundable, I asked for a supervisor and couldn't even get that.

I'm out 7.00 bucks, but I"ll be damned if I'm going to let them get away with this, I'm posting this complaint anywhere and everywhere I can.

These people are scammers and need to be dealt with harshly.

• Da
      Feb 23, 2011

Do not order from this company!!! This is a complete scam. Regardless of the value of the jewelry (and yes it is "complete crap" ) the company is illegally charging peoples credit and debit cards, causing horrible financial problems for folks. Everything they tell you is a LIE. They tell you no future charges are authorized - lie -expect monthly charges for $58.96 (in my case multiple charges for this amount). They refuse to rectify any fees, cancel accounts or accept return shipments. They may SAY they will on the phone, but they do not do what they say they will. They just lie. If you have been a victim of this scam do the following immediately: if you gave them your debit card number - call your bank and cancel your debit card immediately - the bank will issue you a new one with a new number. Explain to the bank what has happened, and file a dispute if charges have already been posted. If you used a credit card - call your credit card company immediately and tell them you are a victim of a scam. Have them close your account and issue you a new card. Most reputable credit card companies will reimburse you for unauthorized charges after a brief investigation. Provide them with the phone number for Holsted: 1-800-671-2958. If you do receive a shipment from Holsted - return it immediately with a confirmation of delivery service. Or - you may refuse the package - the US Postal Service will accept any unopened packages as refused and return it to the sender. But if you want proof you returned it - use the delivery confirmation process. Finally, you may file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's office by going on their website: www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov, click on consumer protection and download a complaint form. Complaints can be sent via fax at 1-312-814-3816.

Mar 01, 2011

I had the same thing happen to me, but I caught the charges before they cleared my bank so I called the scammers, and my bank and filed a dispute on the charges, hopefully they can help. I was billed 56.98 times 2. The scammers told me to refuse the package and a refund would be issued as soon as they received it, told them that ain't gonna happen, when I get the refund then I'll return the package, so they proceeded to tell me how it works, AGAIN. at this point I demanded to speak to a supervisor, who started the same crap. I told her that I did not order the earrings, nor did I authorize any additional charges to my card, then she tried to tell me that the charges did not appear on their system, so I asked how that could be since they appeared on my online bank statement, I told them that I would not hesitate to contact the Attorney General's office and the BBB, at this point she settled down a little and told me that she would "watch" my account and reverse the charges as soon as they appeared on their system, I'll believe it when I see it. I had not had any success so far determining where they are located, until I saw the previous post. so I'll start there.

• Ho
      Mar 09, 2011

They are doing the same thing to us. Sending items and charging are account without permission. I am taking them to court.

• Ho
      Mar 09, 2011

They hide they identity so you can't reach them to cancel your account. I found it!!!

There name is Holsted Jewlers but there name for the company phone number is Susan B. customer service. I hope this helps everyone. The phone number to cancel Holsted Jewelry account is 1-800-669-1559. Call them they are nothing but scammers that will continue to send you items and over charge your account. Good luck everyone.

Have a wondeful day. :P)

• Dm
      Mar 11, 2011

I want to thank all of you for filing your complaints against Holsted Jewelers here. You just saved me from apparently a huge headache. I received an offer in the mail from Gevalia and Holsted Jewelers together for two rings (just pay S&H). The return address on the envelope was 125 E. Algonquin Road; Arlington heights, IL 60005; presumably for Holsted Jewelers. Since it didn't include a website, I thought I'd do a search for their website to see if I could do it online; something told me not to give my info over the phone and lo and behold, I find all these complaints against this company. I will be contacting Gevalia and letting them know of the complaints and suggest that they discontinue their affiliation with Holsted or they might start losing good customers left and right. I can't thank you all enough for your due diligence. I hope that each and every one of you is reimbursed and that this company is held accountable for its scam.

• Al
      Mar 14, 2011

I want to thank all of you also. I received the same postcard from Gevalia and Holsted Jewelers a couple of days ago (same as commented by DMC67NOVA). My postcard didn't have any sort of return address information and no website so I searched online and found these complaints. I'm glad I didn't even call the number. I am also going to contact Gevalia about this.

• Lu
      Mar 18, 2011

YIKES!!! I just found out that I am a victim of this scam as well. I was sent a post card with a ring offering through Collections, Etc. because I'm such a valued customer...blah blah blah...I told the lady on the phone that I would take the ring at $6.99. She kept trying to get me to order the earrings, etc. I specifically told I did NOT want anything else and they better not charge me anything else. Got the ring recently, eh...it's ok for casual wear. I checked my bank account and noticed they charged for the earrings for $56.98. I immediately called 1-800-671-2958 and spoke to Aera, who says she is in the process of cancelling this account. Boy, they better, because as I see from everyone elses complaints this is a definitely a scam and I refuse to have them keep charging my account. Keep at them everyone...again their number is 1-800-671-2958...keep trying as someone eventually answers.

• Lu
      Mar 18, 2011

Well...after continuing to read everyone's complaint, and after I actually spoke to someone at the Holsted customer service number, and her saying she was "cancelling" my account. I decided to take it one step further and called my bank. It's being investigated and I have reference numbers to keep on this complaint. I absolutely refuse to let them keep charging my account. I'm so angry at myself because I know better, and am usually so diligent about not getting sucked into scams like this. Just goes to show that it can happen to anyone. I got sucked in because it was through a company that I really do business with and trust, I may have to rethink that for further purchases. Good luck to everyone that is dealing with this fraudulent company!!!

• Ci
      Mar 23, 2011

I too am a victim of Holsted's fraudulent practices! They charged my CC twice. The first time I was charged $61.54 for a jewelery set I never ordered! They had my CC info from a free gift I agreed to. After 2 weeks they removed the charge. Then a week later they charged my CC AGAIN for $61.54 for the same item, which put me over my limit, incurring a $35.00 overage fee. Their explanation was that they were not able to stop the original shipment. I am so angry that this company can do this. All they did was apologize and lie to me that they could not stop the original billing? I have made a formal complaint with the BBB of Illinois and the Federal Consumer Fraud division. I am going to fight for the $35.00 overage fee I incurring because of their fraudulent practices. I can't believe they were able to charge me in the 1st place. Even after telling them that they did not have the authorization to charge my card again (3/7), they did anyway on 3/21st because "they said" that they were not able to stop the original billing. I also will try to find the phone #'s for the corporate offices. I am on a fixed income and will fight this and make sure that they can't do this to anyone else!

• Ti
      Mar 26, 2011

Holstad canceled the account my wife was using. On Monday the 21st. They also blocked any and all future transactions. Went to put gas in my car the following Saturday. Guess what? They had authorized $56.98 on my card. So much for filling up. Called them, and told them if it's not taken care of today, I was going to call the BBB, MO Attorney General's Office, the Post Office General and a lawyer to sue. Let's see how it turns out.

• Le
      Mar 30, 2011

Lying lips are an abomination to God. He declares that into the Holy City “there shall in no wise enter ... anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie.” Revelation 21:27. Let truth telling be held with no loose hand or uncertain grasp. Let it become a part of the life. Playing fast and loose with truth, and dissembling to suit one’s own selfish plans, means shipwreck of faith. “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth.” Ephesians 6:14. He who utters untruths sells his soul in a cheap market. His falsehoods may seem to serve in emergencies; he may thus seem to make business advancement that he could not gain by fair dealing; but he finally reaches the place where he can trust no one. Himself a falsifier, he has no confidence in the word of others. I can only pray that others will find the truth about the deceptions this company has participated in, if it is so true. I only hope and pray to God that if they are doing this deed, that those employees working to hurt other honest people can see the wrong and stop working for them or stop doing the hurtful action. Remember this is not just a company doing this to us, it is our fellow human beings doing it to each other. So when you see the lying and stealing pray that God shows them what they are doing is wrong and that they change their ways before their souls perish.

Apr 10, 2011

I am a very cautious lady, and upon recieving this
    "free ring" card in the mail from a company I had never heard of before, I immidiately tried looking it up to find out what it was. I feel bad for everyone who accepted the free rings, but thank you all for giving me exactly the info I wanted. I am however confused as to how they even got my info to begin with. I am not involved with any of the other companies mentioned, in fact I fly pretty far below radar and deal with only cash offline.

• Pa
      Apr 12, 2011

I too bought the ring, and told them Do Not send me any more stuff. HA! They sent stuff, so i returned them, and now i'm getting charged for stuff i didn't order and didn't want. Not only did i contact the BBB, but the FCC, FTC, and The Attorney General. Just waiting for a response now. This is also a strike against me on my credit report. I'm Pissed!

• Re
      Apr 12, 2011

Thank you everyone for posting these complaints. I got a card today offering me two free rings, and a surprise gift. I will toss this card and never respond. I am sorry everyone had such a bad time, but I am glad you told us about it.

• Lj
      Apr 12, 2011

I, too, received a card offering me 2 "free" rings plus surprise gifts. I'm normally suspicious of everything I get that isn't requested and/or is from a company unknown to me, so decided to look up the place online (one of the great advantages of the Internet). I suppose I wasn't very surprised to see all the complaints, and feel very bad for those folks, but we should all be grateful to them - they are doing the right thing by complaining to the right channels and posting it online for all the world to see. With all the scams going on these days, people should check carefully ALL unsolicited contacts - especially those that sound too good to be true (they probably are). I will also toss this card without responding, but will keep a closer than usual eye on my credit card charges.
    I have no idea how this company got my name/address - I do order from a few mail-order places - but hopefully they don't have any credit card info. I recently had to cancel a credit card because of a substantial unauthorized charge (which Discover was alert enough to spot & contact me about), and don't want to go through that hassle again if I can help it.
    As the saying goes, "Let the buyer beware"!

• Se
      Apr 14, 2011

i recentry got the letter from the email... to get 3 rings free and they send one they say they only were goingto take $6.99 for the shipping and t from all three rings and the took all my money from the bank but i never got the other 2, this is the worsr mistake the i did... who ever read this please dont take time to accepts this offers...i am still waqiting my 2 rings and who know if i am going to recieve it, they say it would just take 2 weeks but it yeah it took 2 days to take my money out my account... PLEASE DO NOT EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE AGAING IF SOMEONE IS READING THIS POST YOU GOING TO REGRET IT I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM...well this is my bad experience and a bad mistake that i ever made in my life and with this i finish my story do not buy anything from them...

by:Maria, G.