HMS Home Warranty / Misleading warranty coverage

Parkville, United States Review updated:

I recently had to file a claim for my home warranty on my heater. The service tech came out and had to order a part. The part took 4 days to come in. Then I was called back by the heating company and told my warranty (which I pay almost 500 a year for) will not cover the digital programmable one that I currently have. In order to have that one again there is an additional charge (I already had to pay $100 deductible ). After reviewing my contract, I see that if a product cannot be repaired it will be replaced with a comparable product. How is a builders grade model that they are now offering compare to my digital programmable one?? I have called for 2 days straight and I have yet to get a good answer. I feel i am getting the run around! I even asked to speak to a supervisor and I was given the name of Michelle Ware. I was transfered to her and then disconnected. I have called back 3 times asking to speak to her and all 3 times I was given her voicemail! I will be cancelling my contract once my heater is fixed and I want everyone to know how horrible the customer service of HMS is and how shady their warranty contract is.

Je
Jan 28, 2015

Comments

• Pl
      4th of Jun, 2009
    HMS Home Warranty - Do not act in good faith
    HMS
    Virginia

The HMS Home Warranty is not worth the paper its printed on. They do not seem to act in good faith and seem to look for reasons to invalidate a claim versus assessing your claim based on the facts.