Hewlett Packard / hp plasma lawsuit

Hewlett Packard
25935 Detroit Rd, STE 164
Phone: 440-250-1953
We bought this HP PL4260N TV on September 3, 2006 at a Best Buy in Denton, Texas. On Tuesday, July 14th, 2009, my Son, Casey, heard a pop and the screen went black. He could still hear the audio. I immediately searched the internet for any solutions. After doing that for a couple of hours, I called HP Case mgmt from a number I found on a forum, [protected] Ext 79 and talked to Tera and said that this was the last step, there was nothing he could do and when I asked to talk to his supervisor, he said that his supervisor doesn't take any calls from the public. He then told me to call the HP Tech Support, since I should have done that first to get a ticket number. During the course of the conversation, this HP tech support person told me that "It sounds like the "Y sustained board has gone out." I said I understand that this is a known problem and he said, "Every 50 or so TV's manufactured missed a solder." He asked me if my model's product number was EK430AA and I told him no it was EK429AA. He said that number wasn't in the known range. He told me that up until Jan 2009, HP was extending the warranty, but not longer. He told me that sometimes TV's just get overused or overheated and that can cause the Y Sustained Board to go out. I asked him that HP extended the initial warranty because of this problem, so why wasn't I contacted because my son and I filled out the warranty card? He didn't know. He told me that I could buy the $629 extended warranty and then a HP service person would have 3 tries to get it working, but this was not a guarantee that he could get it working. If the TV couldn't be repaired after three visits, then I would only owe $369.00 and I guess I would have to wait for a refund of my $260, plus I would have a HP TV that didn't work! I repeated this procedure three times back to him to make sure I understood that my $629 wouldn't guarantee a working television. He assigned a ticket number. I thanked him and hung up. I then sent a letter to the HP CEO, Mr. Hurd When we bought this tv, my son opened a Best Buy Credit card account that day to help establish credit and opted for the interest free 3 year plan. We still owe $223 on this defective $2000 television, since it didn't last 3 years yet and we are sick about it. I found on the Samsung forum that a plasma TV should last about 60, 000 hours. This TV, if left on 24 hours straight (which it wasn't), lasted 25, 000 hours. Hewlett Packard should be ashamed! If you know of anyone else with this HP tv problem, please direct them to this web site. http://www.HPplasmaLAWSUIT.info Hopefully, we can have some recourse for this defective product.

A  16th of Oct, 2009 by
I have the same issue with my EK429AA PL4260N and the life of 60, 000 hours is half bright, and it refers to the plasma screen, not the components that bring the image to the screen.

D.R. "Doc" Young
Do Not Buy HP - www.computer-firstaid-services.com/hp/
A  20th of Jun, 2010 by
i have had the same problem as the above and was told the same thing. i have been quite hesitant to pay the money to fix it when there is no guarantee it would be fixed. bottom line is i want an adjustment or full refund for fraud or faulty products. i purchased my plasma screen in 3/2008 from best buy and i two did not choose to get the extended warranty it's a television i have other televisions in my home that don't have half as good a reputation as HP and they are working fine more than 10 years and here it is HP plasma cant work past two. i followed the directions by plugging it into a power surge and it still stop working. i want a resolution to this problem. I am not into throwing money away i can't afford it.

phone: 301-661-0634
A  12th of Sep, 2010 by
I have a pl5060n with the same problem. It is a EK430AA I never got a card in the mail on the problem. Mine just went out 2 days ago. I am wondering if it is the Y board and what one upper or lower? I have also heard the it could be the Z board?

N  28th of Sep, 2010 by
I have HP PL4260N plasma TV with the same problem .Screen is blank but sound is fine .My TV went out week ago .Called HP and they are asking $629 for repair.Life time on this TV should be 60, 000 hours I do not have more than 1500 hours .Light bulb that I pay $2 has longer life time. I am not into trowing my money away.Please let me know what we can do ?
Phone 248-789-8567
N  5th of May, 2011 by
The lawsuit website does not work, anyone know a new one.

A  18th of Aug, 2011 by
I have a HP PL 4260N plasma TV and it has sound but no picture, I purchased this TV in 2007, last night
I heard a pop and then lost the picture. This is the only HP item I own and it is the last.
A  12th of Oct, 2011 by
I also have the exact same problem. We purchased out HP Plasma 42" TV model no. CPTOH 0602 in 2007, for $17000.00. from Best Buy. Last night it went POP, no picture, just sound. From what I have read online HP are well aware of this faulty TV and are washing their hands of it, consumers are left high and dry with no recourse, other than to pay HP even more money to "TRY" and fix it. Never again will I purchase from HP, they are crooks!!

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
1501 Page Mill Rd. MS 1247